Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects CC 2020 Preview not working

Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I've only been using after effects for a few days and this problem happened to me recently. My previewer isn't updating with my time indicator when I click play but if I pause it it will show the next scene. I've searched for help and nobody knows how. I'm new to this so I don't really know how to use everything. Please help me!

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

You've managed to turn off the visibility of your previews. 
In your Preview panel, there's a little eyeball. It's gray in your AE - click it to turn it back on.
Annotation 2020-08-24 231839.jpg

Also, if you're just using After Effects as a video editor, you're really doing things the hard way. Since I obviously can't see what you're working on, I'm just making assumptions, but ... if you're just editing a video, use Premiere. It will make your life *so* much easier.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any chance you can give us some (full-screen) screen shots of your AE interface, or better yet, a screen recording to show us what's happening? There are a lot of variables that could be at play, especially with a new user, so it'll be good to get the easy ones out of the way first, and hopefully pinpoint your problem easily without throwing a bunch of unfamiliar terms at you. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3A7267B1-AA18-4451-8406-6B851C912682.jpeg

I hope this helps! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll send in a video!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the screen recording! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You've managed to turn off the visibility of your previews. 
In your Preview panel, there's a little eyeball. It's gray in your AE - click it to turn it back on.
Annotation 2020-08-24 231839.jpg

Also, if you're just using After Effects as a video editor, you're really doing things the hard way. Since I obviously can't see what you're working on, I'm just making assumptions, but ... if you're just editing a video, use Premiere. It will make your life *so* much easier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines