Highlighted

After Effects CC 3D Camera Tracker: Use only in Composition panel error help?

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, every time I drag the effect over into my clip, it says: 3D Camera Tracker: Use only in Composition panel. I tried right clicking my clip and clicking camera tracker, and it still says it. Can someone please help me?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Rick Gerard | Adobe Community Professional

Select your clip in the project panel, right-click or choose from the file menu "create new composition from selection," then in the timeline that is created from your video clip select the video later and run the camera tracker.

these are AE basics. Please start here: How to add effects, motion graphics in After Effects | Adobe After Effects CC tutorials

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After Effects CC 3D Camera Tracker: Use only in Composition panel error help?

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, every time I drag the effect over into my clip, it says: 3D Camera Tracker: Use only in Composition panel. I tried right clicking my clip and clicking camera tracker, and it still says it. Can someone please help me?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Rick Gerard | Adobe Community Professional

Select your clip in the project panel, right-click or choose from the file menu "create new composition from selection," then in the timeline that is created from your video clip select the video later and run the camera tracker.

these are AE basics. Please start here: How to add effects, motion graphics in After Effects | Adobe After Effects CC tutorials

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 08, 2014 2
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 08, 2014 4
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, I never had to do that before. I'm so sorry. I am not new to After Effects.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 08, 2014 3
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked for a a second and then it happened again

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 11, 2020 0