Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After effects certain clips are black

Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

So bascally I had finsihed my project and was ready to export, I exported my clip and in the renderd video file there was random black spaces where clips where supposed to be. This was stange because when I looked at my compstion in after effecfts every thing was fine. I spent all day messing around with settings to see what would work and then I tried changing the fast previews from fast draft (which was what I had it on) to off final quailty. When I did this my compstion in after effecfts looked the same as it did in the final render with black screens where I had clips . I have checked the source clip and it is  fine but when in after effcfts certain parts are black. I only have a couple of days before my projects due so it would be great if I could get a soultion ASAP.

Thanks for your time. 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import and export , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Iv fixed the problem. For some raon me turning off rsmb made it all fine. Dont know why that happend but all good now. Thanks for the help guys.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn off hardware-acceleration in AE and AME. Apparently your system is not up to it or a graphics driver misconfiguration/ problem is getting in the way, which of course you may want to straighten out after you have hit your deadline.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not quite sure how to do that If what your talking about is gpu acleration I'v already tried turning  that off and it did nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found something else that was intreasting when I change the Shadow Map Reslotion To anything except comp size I can see some of what was black before and some of what I could see before goes black. Not sure if thats any help just thought I might add.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi eviethebrownlab213,

Sorry for your issue.

If Mylenium's suggestion didn't help. Please share the following information so that we can troubleshoot the issue properly.

1. What are your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS)?
  2. What are the details of the footage you are working with (frame rate, frame size, format/codec)?
  3. What's the version of After Effects you're using: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/faq-how-to-find-the-exact-version-of-after-effects-you-...

We're here to help, just need more info.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cpu -AMD Ryzen 7 1700x Eight Core Processor

Gpu- AMD Radeon (TM0) RX 580

Windows 10 Home

8.00Gb of Ram

After effectfs verison 17.1.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Iv fixed the problem. For some raon me turning off rsmb made it all fine. Dont know why that happend but all good now. Thanks for the help guys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am having the black frame issue as well. could you please tell me where can i find the rsmb button?
Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the exact same issue and I've tried changing settings several times. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines