Highlighted

After Effects checkbox not working, mouse offset issues, freezing at importing

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't always happen, but sometimes I find that I can't click the check boxes in the effects control. Like I'll add motion tile and I'll try to click on mirroring but it just won't work. For some reason my mouse also has this weird offset thing going on, like for any effects that use numbers for the setting, I'll have to change it by having the mouse be a little below the number that I'm trying to change. However, for the checkboxes it doesn't work. If my AE starts doing that, I'll have to restart it (or if that doesn't work, use a saved preset that I have for it) and it's just really annoying. Additionally, the button for the graph doesn't work sometimes and I have to click it at a certain point that's not the actual button (again, mouse offset issue?). I've also found that sometimes that AE is completely unresponsive when I try to import a file. The pop up will be on the upper left corner instead of in the middle like usual, and then I have to restart. The computer I use is a macbook pro, 32 gb ram, I don't know what other details are important to state, but this has been an ongoing issue and I don't know what's wrong with it.

Topics

Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After Effects checkbox not working, mouse offset issues, freezing at importing

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't always happen, but sometimes I find that I can't click the check boxes in the effects control. Like I'll add motion tile and I'll try to click on mirroring but it just won't work. For some reason my mouse also has this weird offset thing going on, like for any effects that use numbers for the setting, I'll have to change it by having the mouse be a little below the number that I'm trying to change. However, for the checkboxes it doesn't work. If my AE starts doing that, I'll have to restart it (or if that doesn't work, use a saved preset that I have for it) and it's just really annoying. Additionally, the button for the graph doesn't work sometimes and I have to click it at a certain point that's not the actual button (again, mouse offset issue?). I've also found that sometimes that AE is completely unresponsive when I try to import a file. The pop up will be on the upper left corner instead of in the middle like usual, and then I have to restart. The computer I use is a macbook pro, 32 gb ram, I don't know what other details are important to state, but this has been an ongoing issue and I don't know what's wrong with it.

Topics

Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Yuhyeon5C1F,

Sorry for your issue.

Few things that you can check.

1. It could be a corrupt preference that's causing this issue. Try resetting the preferences.
  2. Are there any third-party plug-ins that you're using? If so, remove them and see if that brings any change.
  3. If you're using a wireless mouse, try using a wired one.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines