Highlighted

After Effects Cinema 4d lite Shape won't Glow

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, long time first time! I'm currently trying to get my 3d shapes to have an outer glow but it's not working. I'm using Cinema 4D renderer because I want the shapes to have depth, but when adding any kind of glow effect or layer style it doesn't work. If I just use regular 3D my shapes glow with no issue. Can anyone help?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After Effects Cinema 4d lite Shape won't Glow

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, long time first time! I'm currently trying to get my 3d shapes to have an outer glow but it's not working. I'm using Cinema 4D renderer because I want the shapes to have depth, but when adding any kind of glow effect or layer style it doesn't work. If I just use regular 3D my shapes glow with no issue. Can anyone help?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 02, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pay close attention to the warning you get when you enable the C4D rendering engine. You'll notice that effects and a bunch of other things are disabled with that rendering engine. You have two options. Use the Classic 3D rendering option, save the comp as a Maxon Cinema 4D file, then add it to the timeline and do your extrusions and effects using C4D lite. That's what I do because the results are better, the render time is shorter, and you have a lot more control over everything 3D.

The other option is to create a second comp using the Classic 3D rendering engine, nest your C4D comp in the standard 3D comp and apply the effects you want to use to the nested comp (pre-comp). That's a low rent option. When you use the C4D rendering engine it is also a very good idea to render a lossless production master using the Render Cue (the default Output module setting) and then drop that rendered file in the Adobe Media Encoder to render your h.264 distribution copy. Asking the AME to render a comp that uses the C4D rendering engine is asking for trouble. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 02, 2020 1