• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects Circular Image Repeater

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2016 Aug 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I'm trying to create something like this with motion in after effects but I'm unable to find a way to do so. (basically what exists with the shape layer but for images) Any ideas?

(just like this video but with images: Shape Layer Repeater (radial) - Adobe After Effects tutorial - YouTube )

apple.PNG

Message was edited by: Luc Anise Wanted to add another example

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 03, 2016 Aug 03, 2016

the easy way: you can try this script: Layer Repeater - aescripts + aeplugins - aescripts.com

the manual way - you can do this by cascade parenting with some flexibility, depends what are your needs exactly. take this layer for example:

let's duplicate it 5 times over

now let's parent each layer to the one above it

now let's move all of them at the same time. position,rotation,scale

FUN, isn't it???

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the easy way: you can try this script: Layer Repeater - aescripts + aeplugins - aescripts.com

the manual way - you can do this by cascade parenting with some flexibility, depends what are your needs exactly. take this layer for example:

let's duplicate it 5 times over

now let's parent each layer to the one above it

now let's move all of them at the same time. position,rotation,scale

FUN, isn't it???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I'm going to have a great time doing that.... It's a shame adobe doesn't bring the same shape later mechani to images. Thanks tho!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome! ask for it here: Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

parent.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow since 2016! I know how to do this with shapes but would imagine it would be the same with images. to my surprise, it does not. I would've expected more tutorials on how to do this but I only found this. thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines