• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects Comp not opening in Media Encoder

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to open an After Effects composition in Media Encoder. The window just keeps saying 'Connecting to Dynamic Link Server' and it does not change.

Capture.PNG

TOPICS
Dynamic link

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

I would open your creative cloud app and make sure that both AE and Media Encoder are up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without exact info nobody can tell you much. Start by making sure that external tools like virus scanners or other security stuff aren't blocking the required local port connections.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your picture is not telling us nothing. I want to help u,  but i am not telepathic, I need more info about your setting, presets, ae  project, way you do export, etc.
more info friend

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are both apps up to date?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell me how you do it?
* From After Export To Media Encoder?
* In media Encoder trying to import AE project  and waiting for DL ?
* what about restart of your PC?
* Maybe one of DL processes is out of memory.
* How much memory you have&
* Version of Operating System and Adobe ?
Man, you need to tell maximum information
Which plugins you using
Yours Apps is  that same versions? orone CC 15 and anothe CC 17
Format of Export, Parameters, Video Card, RAM, CPU//
if you still answer the same, i thinkk you we dont resolve your problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export your comp from After Effects directly. And restart our  system before

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is difficult to see what you are doing for sure.  I don't generally open an AE comp in media encoder but I think what you are doing is trying to render out or something.  In any case, any time I've had an issue with dynamic link, I've either rebooted or when to task manager and closed running instances of AE, Media Encoder.  A reboot does all of that though.

And then it has always worked.

Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would open your creative cloud app and make sure that both AE and Media Encoder are up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Media Encoder won't queue

Hi,

I am having the same issue. 

I select the "Add to Adobe Media Encoder queue" under the composition menu to render an MP4 (H.264).  AME would launch but nothing would be added to the queue window (yes, I have the "Queue" tab selected next to the "Watch Folders" tab. It would also create the AME folder with the temp AME file in it (and adds a new temp AME file everytime I try and add to the AME queue). This is how I've been rendering out my MP4 files ever since Adobe forced us to use AME to do this. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

----------

After Effects 2017 CC (up to date)

GE62MVR 7RG Apache Pro

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 15063).

Intel Core i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz

32768MB RAM

GeForce GTX 1070 VRAM 8074 MB (version: 22.21.13.8476)

I've tried some of the suggestions in the link below and none of them worked. I understand it was for Premiere Pro, but it was the closest post I've seen related to my issue. 

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1321458

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had same issue... solution: Clear Media Encoder preferences (launch holding down Shift key)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had same issue & Yep that worked. Held shift key down while launching media encoder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i did and it didn't help so pls i need another way to help me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check please that AE and EN from the Same Studio
I mean CC 2015 | 2017 - if one of them from 15 anfd other from another CC Pack-it's not will work
First of all it must be frim the same version, so DL ((((Dynamic Link) will wirk correcrly
ALso if the downloaded from Internet and they are different Packs - it is not will work
Try to copy in APP and paste in AE - i mean " select track on timeline in APP and  press • Ctrl +C• ,
after this go to AE, open it before and go with  (Alt + Tab ) and therer in (AE) create comp open from BIN and select it
...just pressin some place there in comp and press Ctrl + V • paste •
Tell me if the working. IT will copy video asset from APP and past it in AE

P.S.
Scale to frame sie  in premere " Unselect ", before you pressing Ctrl + C and don;t use any affect on this video part

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

everything is up to date and I have same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please did you find solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there, just updated both programs with creative cloud and this is happening.

Tryed these workaround

https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/kb/after-effects-composition-export-error.html

It seems that it work only once, then the problems comes back.

Also tryed giving clearence for acebility on mac security preferences, but no changes there.

Please help :˜)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines