• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects: Constant Headaches

Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working in AE on a brand new computer for the past couple of weeks, and I'm tryhing to determine whether something is wrong with the computer, the program, or both ... 

AE is giving me contant problems ... Crashing, GPU errors, unlinking source files, and I constantly have to close and reopen the program, or even restart the computer in order to get exports to work ... 

Can someone help me understand what is happening and why?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First we have to know specs of your computer, then we need to know what version of AE you are running. You can also check if your coputer eets minimal technical requirements of AE. 
Unlinking source files is in most of the time connected to hdd/ssd issues so tell us if your files are on internal drives or you have the on external drives, network storages or any other types. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

8 core i7, 32gb RAM, 6gb GeForce 2060 max Q, up-to-date version of AE

AE files on main drive but some source files stored on Creative Cloud (some of those files consistently unlink, others don't)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for sharing the details, IndioJosh.

Are you getting this issue with a particular project or all of them? I'd recommend you check it on a brand new project. If it's happening in the new project as well, let's start with the basic:

1. Reset the preferences of After Effects: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-after-effects/td-...
  2. Remove Media cache: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/faq-how-to-clean-delete-or-trash-media-cache-files-in-a...

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines