Highlighted

after effects crashes and restarts my computer whenever rendering

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi everyone, so I just purchased after effects 2020, since I have had after effects 2017 for a long time now. however, whenever I try to render my footage, after effects stops the rendering and then automatically restarts my computer. it doesnt save anything, which I find frustrating due to the fact that I cannot help it from happening. this has never occured in after effects 2017

here is my system info:

After Effects 2020

MacBook Air

MacOsCatalina v10.15.5

processor: 1.6 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5

Ram: 8GB

Topics

Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Import and export, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

after effects crashes and restarts my computer whenever rendering

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi everyone, so I just purchased after effects 2020, since I have had after effects 2017 for a long time now. however, whenever I try to render my footage, after effects stops the rendering and then automatically restarts my computer. it doesnt save anything, which I find frustrating due to the fact that I cannot help it from happening. this has never occured in after effects 2017

here is my system info:

After Effects 2020

MacBook Air

MacOsCatalina v10.15.5

processor: 1.6 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5

Ram: 8GB

Topics

Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Import and export, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start by turning off the various hardware acceleration settings. CC 2020 is buggy as heck, even more so on Macs, it appears, and likely leaks in that department cause overheating or any such thing and your system crashes.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi mylenium, 

i have turned off my video rendering GPU acceleration and changed it to mercury software only, and that hasn't changed anything, are there any other hardware acceleration settings that I should know of or turn off?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi innocentuser,

Sorry for your issue. I see that you are having trouble when you export from After Effects.

Is it happening with a particular project or all of them? Are you using any third-party plug-in? Also, what happens if you export using Media Encoder?

We're here to help, just need more info.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nishu, I am using the plugin sapphire for most of my projects, and this happens on all of them. I don't have media encoder but when I download it, my after effects doesn't start up

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay in response. Could you try removing the plug-in from the project and then export? It'll help us to understand if it's plug-in related.

Let us know.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im crashing alot now too.. mine is not hardware related.. but I think its element 3d related maybe.. idk... im very fustrated for sure

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines