Highlighted

After Effects crashes each time autosave initiates, even though I've disabled autosave

Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE crashes each and every time my project autosaves. As if that weren't frustrating enough, I've turned off autosave numerous times. I've reset my preferences numerous times. I even uninstalled and reinstalled AE to no avail. I also cleared my cache and even gave that more space to work within, but so far nothing changes.

I can open up AE, check my preferences to see that autosave is turned off, and 10 minutes later autosave launches and AE crashes completely. This is happening on all projects. Been like this for about a week and I have yet to come across anyone else dealing with this issue. Does anyone know what the source of the problem could be?

Here's what I'm working with:

2019 Macbook pro 16-inch running Catalina 10.15.7

2.6 GHz 6-core Intel core i7

32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB & AMD Radeon Pro 5500M

I updated my laptop's OS yesterday (problem was happening before, and persists after) and AE is up to date. 

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After Effects crashes each time autosave initiates, even though I've disabled autosave

Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE crashes each and every time my project autosaves. As if that weren't frustrating enough, I've turned off autosave numerous times. I've reset my preferences numerous times. I even uninstalled and reinstalled AE to no avail. I also cleared my cache and even gave that more space to work within, but so far nothing changes.

I can open up AE, check my preferences to see that autosave is turned off, and 10 minutes later autosave launches and AE crashes completely. This is happening on all projects. Been like this for about a week and I have yet to come across anyone else dealing with this issue. Does anyone know what the source of the problem could be?

Here's what I'm working with:

2019 Macbook pro 16-inch running Catalina 10.15.7

2.6 GHz 6-core Intel core i7

32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB & AMD Radeon Pro 5500M

I updated my laptop's OS yesterday (problem was happening before, and persists after) and AE is up to date. 

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 01, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi tuckerc71794515,

Sorry for your issue.

Is it happening to the projects created in the current version as well? What happans if you create a new project and import you existing project in it?

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 0