Highlighted

After Effects crashes the moment I drag a clip into the timeline

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all, I've been a regular user of Adobe AE for around 3 months now, and I never really experienced issues until around a month ago, I was using Element 3D heavily and then for the first time it crashed my entire computer, my screens went black, and it said there was no HDMI connection even though there most definitely was. This has been going on even since and I can't even import a clip to my timeline without it crashing, I rely on after effects for my job and really need it fixed.

I have an AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Eight-Core Prossecor, and 16gb ram. 

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After Effects crashes the moment I drag a clip into the timeline

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all, I've been a regular user of Adobe AE for around 3 months now, and I never really experienced issues until around a month ago, I was using Element 3D heavily and then for the first time it crashed my entire computer, my screens went black, and it said there was no HDMI connection even though there most definitely was. This has been going on even since and I can't even import a clip to my timeline without it crashing, I rely on after effects for my job and really need it fixed.

I have an AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Eight-Core Prossecor, and 16gb ram. 

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 06, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remove the gbraphics driver via your device manager, reboot the system. Let it auto-install and configure the default driver, then install the latest graphics driver for your card.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 06, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I do this? I am on Device Manager under Display adapters and I am about to click uninstall radeon rx 580 series, do I check the box that says "delete the driver software for this device" or not? if I delete it how do I reinstall it, what do you mean by reboot the system, what system?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 08, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for your issue. Were you able to solve the problem? If so, would you mind letting us know how?

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 17, 2020 0