• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

after effects crashes when i select Cinema 4D renderer

Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever i change my render type to cinema 4D my AE stops responding and closes.

anyone know what i need to do?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Thanks for sharing the details, Ryan.

Would you mind disabling your AMD GPU from Deice Manager and then test? Here's how: https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001900.htm

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you check the capability of the memory size left in Task manager when the screen is frozen? You also check the up-to-date driver of your graphic card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Graphics drivers are up to date and once AE crashes task manager says I still have 6gb of remaining ram usage. This only started happening when I installed newest version of AE. Once it crashed it is still busy using up 11gb of memory but cpu usage goes to 0% , i can move my timeline needle although the actual preview will not move and then ultimately crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ryan,

Would you mind sharing your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS)? Also, does it show any error message when it crashes?

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nishu 

Gpu: Asus ROG strix rx 5500 xt 8gb 

cpu: intel core i5 8400 

RAM : 16gb hyper x fury 

OP: windows 10 pro 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it does not show any error messages besides AE not responding , I have attached my task manager in order for you to see what it is doing once it has crashed.

I also just reset my preferences and still crashes , not sure if it has something to do with the cineware

2020.06.05-15.22.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the details, Ryan.

Would you mind disabling your AMD GPU from Deice Manager and then test? Here's how: https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001900.htm

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That seems to have worked , but It never used to do this even with this card, only now with the latest CC version 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I re activated my GPU , and now after effects will not respond as soon as  i add a video to my composition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A computer restart should help with that.

Would you mind installing a previous version of your GPU driver and see if it helps with your main issue?

I appreciate your patience and cooperation.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi nishu , yesterday i did a full reset on my pc and installed a previous version of my GPU driver and that did not help unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi nishu , i found out today that if i select Cinema 4D as my renderer when i create a new composition then it works , it only crashes when i select cinema 4D as my renderer once ive used the camera tracker on a video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, i'm not getting any support though.

my specs

motherboard = ASUS AMD AM4 ROG Strix X570-E Gaming
CPU = AMD RYZEN 9 3900X
CPU cooler = Asus ROG RYUJIN 240 RGB
Graphics = ASUS AMD Radeon RX 5500 XT
ram = G.SKILL Trident Z Neo (For AMD Ryzen) Series 32GB x 2

i tried to create a new file with cinema4d on, it worked until i added my third solid.

who should i be looking to fix this issue?

adobe, amd or maxon?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue.

24GB of free RAM. AE stuck at 1482.3MB usage. 

Windows 10 64-bit version 1909 OS Build 18363.836
AMD Radeon VII with newest driver acording to AMD Radeon software.(Driverversjon
19.50.29.27-200515a-355311C-RadeonSoftwareAdrenalin2020)
AMD Ryzen 7 1700x CPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

Is it happening in a new project as well?

Try resetting the preferences of After Effects: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-after-effects/td-...

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Even opening a new .c4d file will crash AE. Most recent graphics drivers on my 5500xt, all programs up to date. Still crashes when I disable my graphics card. Which is ridiculous. Adobe products should work without disabling major pieces of hardware that have been around for years. This is so frustrating. I loathe to use Adobe products these days because they're so chronically unstable. Please tell the higher-ups: STABILTY IS THE ULTIMATE FEATURE.

UPDATE [FIXED] : I had to disable my video card but ALSO disable hardware acceleration in both Cinema 4d (edit>preferences), and AE, turning off GPU for ray tracing (edit>preferences>previews>GPU Information) and making sure hardware acceleration is turned off for compositions (edit>preferences>display). Adobe, please figure out a way to play well with AMD gpus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having the same problem on a Mac M1 pro laptop.
The moment I chose C4d renderer for 3d work, my project crashes.
I have trashed my Preferences, but it still crashes.
I have plenty of ram left over 

Only happens in AE 22.6.0 Build 64

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jscottk,

Sorry for your issue. Could you share your system specifications (CPU, GOU, RAM, OS version)? What do you mean by "my project crashes"? Does After Effects close the project file and remain responsive? Please share more details on that.

Also, did you try disabling your GPU from Device Manager?

Let us know.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2022-09-13 at 4.22.08 PM.png

 Ae Crashes as in total shut down, small send report window left.

How do I disable my GPU from my device manager on a mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see from this thread that Adobe has given up on fixing this issue. Well maybe in te next release, please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here on Win 10 with the latest version. I can import my C4D R21 files and when i drop em on the comp icon, After Effects Shuts down with an error message. Any Fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely a bug. Reinstalled everything, the problem stays.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I resolved this issue reinstalling  the lastest version of Cinema 4d.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 18, 2023 Jun 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This was driving me crazy. Updated the A5000 Nvidia GPU driver, same problem... Then I saw the last post where José30065204jtcp reinstalled C4D and that worked for them, so I uninstalled AE and then reinstalled it, then I could pick and use the C4D renderer no prob. Thanks Jose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines