• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects crashes when trying to import an Animate CC file

Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a little looping animation that I hoped to keyframe in After Effects, so I've tried plenty of times to import the Animate file to After Effects. Nothing. 

I've tried other Animate files I have saved in case the one I was trying to import was corrupted somehow. Also nothing. 

Some people told me to re-install, so I did, but this did not solve the issue. 

I am using all my creative cloud programs in a windows 10 pc. All drivers are up to date. 

TOPICS
Crash , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without the actual crash info nobody can tell you much. To me thisd seems like the age old standard issue: Something is blocking your DynamicLink and thuse the import fails, because the required Animate code bits cannot be loaded. An excursion to the event viewer might be a good place to start...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that. Could you share more information about the crash?

• Which version of After Effects and Adobe Animate are you using?
  • Do you get any error message when the application crashes?

You may refer to this article: FAQ: How to find After Effects crash logs on your computer?  and find crash logs on your computer. Please share them with us. It will help us identify the reason for the crash.

We're here to help.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the same error with each file I've tried.

I also tried the example from this tutorial: https://helpx.adobe.com/de/animate/how-to/animate-to-after-effects.html there is a file called "dancer.fla". But if I try to import dancer.fla to after effect I get the message "Error".

I've installed all updates (Windows 10 too).

My log folder is empty 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the details.

Would you mind letting us know the exact version of After Effects you are using: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/faq-how-to-find-the-exact-version-of-after-effects-you-...

Please try resetting the preferences manually. Follow the steps:

1. Go to C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\After Effects
  2. Rename your After Effects version folder as your After Effects version.old (e.g. if you are using After Effects 2020, your After Effects version is 17.x.x).
  3. Go to C:\Users\username\Documents\Adobe
  4. Rename After Effects as After Effects.old
  5. Launch After Effects and try to import the Animate file.

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I used After Effect 17.05., after that I installed the older version 17.04. I got the same error with the older version. Today there was a new update to 17.06. Since the new version it works fine !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines