Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

after effects crashes with nvidia geforce rtx 2080 ti

Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys,

I'm experiancing crashes and slow performance with after effect even though my PC specs are great, after some reseach the problem is the compabilty with the graphic card, Nvidia geforce rtx 2080 ti.. as the crashes usually happend when you run GPU effects like element 3D, however it still show slow preview performance in general, sometimes it's just dones't do preview unill you restart the software.

my question is, are we expecting some updates from adobe to address the issues with graphics cards soon?

My PC specs:

CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) Gold 6242 CPU @ 2.80GHz
RAM: 256 GB
GPU Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
GPU: GeForce RTX 2080 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
GPU RAM: 11264MB

thank you in advance.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Performance , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL adobe is so poorly optmized for PC im in the same boat as you.  So sad to see AE use one core of 12 to render. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi acca84961349,

Sorry for your issue.

Could you share a crash report with us so that we can get it translated and try to find out the exact reason behind the crash? As you mentioned that it crashes when you use GPU effects, does it crash when you use native GPU accelerated effects like Lumetri Color, Gaussian Blur, etc?

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What driver are you using? There have been issues recently with the latest Nvidia Studio driver and rolling back to the previous Game-Ready fixes the problem. I don't know if your issues are the same, but rolling back (or maybe even updating depending on how old the drivers are) is an easy thing to try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you guys for the quick reply, 
@Nishu, I don't have crash report, its just freeze and shutdown the application, it works with gaussian blur but I think the main issue is with Element 3D, and with other 3rd party plug-ins like trapcode, as it doesn't open the designer panel.

@ david, I tried to revert to older driver, and I tried the latest,  the problem stands, it seems that Adobe didn't consider modern Graphic cards in thier updates..

please let me know if there's something else I can do to fix this.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back, acca84961349.

Would you mind testing After Effects with a few other native GPU-Accelerated effects? If everything goes well, you could try contacting the plug-in manufacturers and check if plug-ins are compatible with the version of After Effects and Nvidia GPU driver you using?

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@nishu_kush @davidarbor 

I tested that, in general the computer runs slow with any GPU accelerated effects, native or 3rd party... my friends have the same PC with different GPU, quardo 5000. but same issues. 
to be direct and honest hoesnt with you, after 14 years expericance in motion design, I realized after effect is very poorly designed, updates are jokes, taper and offset path repeater? ignoring huge list of bugs and slow performance. A pc like mine do amazing performance with much much more complex graphics on other softwares like autodesk and c4d, but when it comes to after effect, it find it hard to preview some 2d circles with motion blur on them...

I don't know if you have solution or it's just a software we need to abanden as soon as we get an alternative..
please thank the mastermind who changed the icon's color for the software, really made huge differnce in the Adobe legacy.. I mean that guy know how to use his time and solve problems.

anyway thank you for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry I replied from my other account, what's funny is that there's no edit or delete option in the thread option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2021 Sep 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Has this evcer been resolved?

I've started having very similar crashes and Freezing... 

I have Ryzen 9 - 12 Core 3293 Ghz

and RTX 3090 (with 24GB) Nvidia

and 32 RAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines