• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects crashing continually - probably graphics card issue?

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using it fine for most of the past week, and this weekend. But in the past few hours it's been freezing and then crashing. Sometimes it's a slow burn, a freeze follwed by the preview window going white and then a good old bit of not responding. Other times it's more abrupt and the screen goes black/disconnects and it crashes. 

The screen going black seems to be leading me to being graphics card (that's where the HDMI connection so I assume that's the case) I'm using an 8GB AMD Radeon RX 580. Just updated the card drivers in case that was it, but no change. 

As suggested elsewhere I tried turining off the accelerated hardware stuff in preferences but to no avail. 

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you create a project from scratch, you can try to use an older version like CC 2019. It may be more stable with your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Might give that a go, although not ideal. And still seems odd that it's worked completely fine for at least a month or so 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might seem silly but also make sure your system has enough ventilation in addition to the internal fans it probably has, and if you have worked them for long hours try to turn off at least an hour to cool down and then continue. I live in Guayaquil Ecuador and here we suffer a lot from that because of the heat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I'm in the UK, so not so concerned about ambient temps here! 🙂 But ventilation isn't bad and it's dealt with much heavier projects before the issue kicked in, and AE crashes at all times, even upon first boot of the day etc 😕 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines