• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects crashing on Startup (GPUSniffer)

New Here ,
Dec 26, 2018 Dec 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

i do experience an issue for a while, where i am unable to start Adobe After Effects CC 2017. I get the following message:

AE_Crash_01.PNG

I get this message on AE CC 2019, 2018 and 2017 (all these versions became unusable). When launching the GPUSniffer it detects my GPU (Nvidia GeForce GTX 960), but notices me with "not choosen because of a initalization failure".

I updated my Nvidia drivers, rolled back older ones, updated anything that could affect this. I uninstalled/reinstalled AE multiple times using the Adobe Cleaner. I started my PC in Safe-mode and still got this error message. I sent a Crash Report to Adobe quite a while ago but never got reply. I dont use any Plug-Ins and i already rolled-back any preferences and settings - no luck.

My System:

Adobe Creative Cloud

Windows 10 64-Bit

Intel I7 3.4Ghz

Nvidia GeForce GTX 980

16 GB RAM

I would appreciate any help, since i am basically out of solutions and pretty close to just uninstall and cancel my Adobe-Account.

Thanx!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2018 Dec 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Have you already tried to reset the preferences to default?

Reset preferences

To restore the default preference settings, press and hold the following keys while the application is starting.

• Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows)
  • Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS)

Setting preferences in After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2018 Dec 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, setting back the preferences was one of the first things i tried (along with updating/rollback the drivers). Unfortunatly the crash still remains.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 27, 2018 Dec 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

You delete the third party plugins if you use them. Would you try it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2018 Dec 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont use any Plug-ins and never installed any. I just use the basic After Effects CC19 with nothing else

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unninstall and install de GPU Driver, not only update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I unistalled my Graphic Card and GPU drivers completely and then reinstalled the Nvidia drivers. After Effects still wont run. The error also occurs while in Windows--Safe mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hummm, you have a desktop? Already try open without your GPU? You can open another adobe applications like Photoshop, Premiere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2018 Dec 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for all your help. Yes, i use a Dell Alienware Desktop and he usually handles Adobe and other graphic applications easily.

Photoshop is working just perfect and so are other GPU heavy apps like ZBrush, Maya, Blender, Unreal etc. However, Premiere Pro CC 2019 has stopped working aswell and giving me the same message.

I tested After Effects CC 2015 and this version is working without problems. Any other versions above that fail on start. I am still clueless about this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2019 Jun 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problems (on Mac). The "support" at Adobe had me reset the preferences., make sure there were no third party plug-ins, and then spent an hour sharing my computer redoing what they already asked me to do. They finally gave up and said they would get back to me. It's four days later, my business in in jeopardy and I have heard nothing from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah it's BS. Means you can have 10 thousand dollar setup but After Effects won't work because they can't figure out a simple bug in Adobe. I had this happpen so much that I gave up After Effects all toegther beacuase its highly unprofessional. So I use Da Vinci Resolve and its great...no crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines