• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects Crashing on Startup

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use After Effects 2020 and the past 2 days it was working and I was able to start up and use it. Today it started crashing on "Initializing Mediacore" and I haven't been able to get it to the actual program since. I tried a lot of different things to get it to work and nothings been working so far.

I did Ctrl Alt Shift to reset preferrences and that did nothing, I removed all my presets and effects I imported and that didn't do anything, I disabled the display adapter and that didn't do anything, I deleted the Prefs.txt and that didn't do anything, and some other stuff but nothing works. The only thing I haven't done is uninstall and reinstall but do I have to reinstall all my effects and presets again or because its on my PC it remembers its apart of After Effects? And if I did uninstall and reinstall what do I have to do?

I've used Sony Vegas 15 on my PC and its always worked so I'm not sure if After Effects is more intensive so thats why its having more issues for me but I've looked and asked for help and I'm just being ignored or nobody has answers. I also have crash files but I don't know how to read them so I don't know what the issue is. 

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you try to launch AE as administrator if the cause is related to initializing?

You choose this file.

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects 2020\Support Files¥AfterFX.exe

You right-click the mouse and choose Run as administrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running as administrator does the same thing, it crashes on Initializing MediaCore

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lexilinaxo,

Sorry for the crash issue with After Effects.

If ToolfarmJP's suggestion didn't help. You can try the suggestion mentioned in the following Community post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/ultimo-messaggio-registrato-lt-4561939904-gt-lt-ds-gt-l...

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the instructions on the post you sent me. I erased everything in MediaCore except the dummt.txt file and restarted my PC and tried launcing After Effects but the same thing happens. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for trying the suggestion. Please try reinstalling After Effects using the Creative Cloud desktop app: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines