Highlighted

After Effects Crashing when color picking (and changing text size too)! on Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys.

My specs:

CPU: AMD Fx-8350 4.0GHz

RAM: 16gb DDR3 1600MHz

GPU: Radeon RX 580 gb

SSD: 240gb (AFX installed on it)

Unfortunately i'm almost unable to use After effects, because when i want to change a shape color or a text color, when i click in the color picker to pick a color, AFX just crashes, the Composition screen goes all white, like in the next screenshot.

Ae problema na hora de mexer na caixa de preenchimento.png

I was having a problem also that when i change a text size, it crashes too. So, i'm having a lot of problems and a hard, HARD time using after effects, yesterday i lost 2-3 hours just trying to make AFX AND Premiere Pro (Yes, Premiere Pro isnt helping me too 😞 ) to work.

I uninstalled and installed AFX, but no results. I uninstalled and installed my graphics card driver up to date, no change.

These are the warnings that i've received:

AE problema Cinema 4D.png

AE denovo problema.png

I think it's my a gpu, but im not sure. And i dont know if it's a useful information, but after these problems occurs and i restart AFX a lot of times, my Memory Dumps increases in my CCleaner. I've attached the _BugReport form Maxon Cinema 4D and my dxdiag to this post.

Can someone save my life hehe?

Thanks you in advance!

Title edited by Mod.

Check system requirements - it seems that your windows is outdated.

https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/system-requirements.html

I cannot open any of the files you attached, they are bring me back to this page. Also if I download them (just a HTML document with this page as content, odd).

*Martin

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After Effects Crashing when color picking (and changing text size too)! on Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys.

My specs:

CPU: AMD Fx-8350 4.0GHz

RAM: 16gb DDR3 1600MHz

GPU: Radeon RX 580 gb

SSD: 240gb (AFX installed on it)

Unfortunately i'm almost unable to use After effects, because when i want to change a shape color or a text color, when i click in the color picker to pick a color, AFX just crashes, the Composition screen goes all white, like in the next screenshot.

Ae problema na hora de mexer na caixa de preenchimento.png

I was having a problem also that when i change a text size, it crashes too. So, i'm having a lot of problems and a hard, HARD time using after effects, yesterday i lost 2-3 hours just trying to make AFX AND Premiere Pro (Yes, Premiere Pro isnt helping me too 😞 ) to work.

I uninstalled and installed AFX, but no results. I uninstalled and installed my graphics card driver up to date, no change.

These are the warnings that i've received:

AE problema Cinema 4D.png

AE denovo problema.png

I think it's my a gpu, but im not sure. And i dont know if it's a useful information, but after these problems occurs and i restart AFX a lot of times, my Memory Dumps increases in my CCleaner. I've attached the _BugReport form Maxon Cinema 4D and my dxdiag to this post.

Can someone save my life hehe?

Thanks you in advance!

Title edited by Mod.

I cannot open any of the files you attached, they are bring me back to this page. Also if I download them (just a HTML document with this page as content, odd).

*Martin

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 22, 2020 0
Guide ,
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*Martin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 22, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Man.... I updated my Windows and it worked! And now I am a happier person hehehe! I would never imagine that this would fix this problem.

Thank you very much and have a nice day!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 23, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for the detailed post. I see that After Effects is crashing at your end.

As Martin suggested, did installing the Windows updates help? If not, try running After Effects as Administrator.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 23, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey nishu, I just updated my window from 1809 to 1909 version and it fixed my problems and now I am happy again hehe. I would never imagine that this would fix this problem, never ever hehe.

Thank you for your reply and have a nice day!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 23, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy to help. Feel free to reach out if there are any other questions.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 24, 2020 1
New Here ,
May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Boa noite, está acontecendo esse mesmo problema aqui, estou com o windows atualizado, drive da placa de video, e ainda assim nao funciona

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 31, 2020 0