• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects crashing when opened

Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time i open AE, be it from the app or from a previously made project, it crashes.

I have tried reverting to a previous version, uninstalling from the app and reinstalling, uninstalling everything including creative cloud and starting completely fresh but nothing has worked.

This issue has only started over the past week or two when i took a project into uni on an external drive to work on, did nothing unusual with that and have had no problems doing so previously, before that everything worked completely fine and i have no idea what has caused the problem or how to fix it. I need this working ASAP so that i can complete my university projects whilst i'm away from campus.

Running Windows 10 (64-bit) on an MSI GE72 pro
I have a copy of the crash report if wanted.

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

So after speaking with a member of the support staff it appears there is an issue with my graphics card. Disabling the card and allowing after effects to run using the Intel graphics didn't cause a crash and the app now opens. Although i am unsure how well this is going to work, might be needing to replace the card....feels bad

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a copy of the crash report if wanted.

Then by all means provide it... The first 20 or so lines will suffice.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First 20 coming right up:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<!DOCTYPE AdobeCrashReport SYSTEM "AdobeCrashReporter.dtd">

<crashreport serviceVersion="1.6.2" clientVersion="1.6.2" applicationName="After Effects" applicationVersion="15.0.1" build="73">

<time year="2018" month="3" day="18" hour="13" minute="18" second="20"/>

<user guid="18086110-0ecb-464e-96b4-4d9455c36358"/>

<system platform="Windows 10 Home" osversion="10.0" osbuild="16299" applicationlanguage="en-us" userlanguage="en-GB" oslanguage="en-GB" ram="8069" machine="Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz" model="Intel64 Family 6 Model 94 Stepping 3" cpuCount="8" cpuType="8664" cpuFreq="2592 MHz"/>

<crash exception="EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION" instruction="0x00007FF9B902FF79">

<backtrace crashedThread="0">

<thread index="0">

<stackStatement index="0" address="0x00007FF9B902FF79" symbolname="getJITVersion"/>

<stackStatement index="1" address="0x00007FF9B920F0A0" symbolname="OpenVulkanCompiler"/>

<stackStatement index="2" address="0x00000000000000D0" symbolname="unknown"/>

<stackStatement index="3" address="0x00007FF9B902FEF0" symbolname="getJITVersion"/>

<stackStatement index="4" address="0x00007FF9B6E28F56" symbolname="OpenAdapter12"/>

<stackStatement index="5" address="0x00007FF9B6E289E2" symbolname="OpenAdapter12"/>

<stackStatement index="6" address="0x00007FF9B6E28854" symbolname="OpenAdapter12"/>

<stackStatement index="7" address="0x00007FF9B6DB0332" symbolname="OpenAdapter12"/>

<stackStatement index="8" address="0x00007FF9B7164823" symbolname="GetBehaviorValue"/>

<stackStatement index="9" address="0x00007FF9B7164A93" symbolname="GetBehaviorValue"/>

<stackStatement index="10" address="0x00007FF9B71650C2" symbolname="GetBehaviorValue"/>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok,did you opened this project on pc that have radeon graphics or amd procesor? If yes then try to open this project on the other pc (that have radeon graphics or amd procesor) and novigate to files>dependencies>collect files... then try to open this project on your pc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My laptop has neither of those, but when i took the project in to uni i was working on a Mac Pro. I'll have to take a look at that when i can get in on Wednesday, but would that also cause the issues with open AE on it's own not from a project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, as i remember, before you want to use your project on difrent pc or laptop you need to collect files,because every computer is diffrent and as i remember, DirectX for MacOS does not exist,try to collect files using this macOS laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to After Effects

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still crashing on After Effects, Not_Doug? Let us know.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

Yep, unfortunately.

Since making the thread i've moved somewhere where i can't access the Mac i was working on prior to the issue arising but i do have access to a different PC.

I tried creating a new user on the laptop and installing there to see if the problem resolved that way but it didn't, i installed the software onto the new PC and it loads up normally so that's a temporary fix until i leave again.

I'm thinking this might be an issue with my laptop itself now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Not_Doug. Can you contact our agents? Contact Customer Care They can work 1-1 with you. Let us know what they say.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So after speaking with a member of the support staff it appears there is an issue with my graphics card. Disabling the card and allowing after effects to run using the Intel graphics didn't cause a crash and the app now opens. Although i am unsure how well this is going to work, might be needing to replace the card....feels bad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines