Highlighted

After Effects Crashing (Windows 10)

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having issues with After Effect, on my computer.
When I open a project, and move around on the timeline, it causes my computer to crash within seconds, in a way I have not experienced before.
- My 2nd screen goes black, and the computer freezes. Most of the time the computer restarts on its own. Sometimes it just freezes, and there is no response when moving the mouse, or pressing the keyboard. I have tried letting it be like that for 15 min, and with no sign of unfreezing I have to shut it down manually.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but no changes.

I cannot replicate the error in the 15.0.1 version on my laptop. So I'm thinking it might has something to do with graphic card of the new computer.

Computer specification:
Graphic card: AMD Radeon RX580

Windows 10 Home
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Siz core 3.4Ghz
RAM: 8 GB

Has anyone experienced something similar, and/or know what can be done?

Topics

Crash, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After Effects Crashing (Windows 10)

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having issues with After Effect, on my computer.
When I open a project, and move around on the timeline, it causes my computer to crash within seconds, in a way I have not experienced before.
- My 2nd screen goes black, and the computer freezes. Most of the time the computer restarts on its own. Sometimes it just freezes, and there is no response when moving the mouse, or pressing the keyboard. I have tried letting it be like that for 15 min, and with no sign of unfreezing I have to shut it down manually.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but no changes.

I cannot replicate the error in the 15.0.1 version on my laptop. So I'm thinking it might has something to do with graphic card of the new computer.

Computer specification:
Graphic card: AMD Radeon RX580

Windows 10 Home
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Siz core 3.4Ghz
RAM: 8 GB

Has anyone experienced something similar, and/or know what can be done?

Topics

Crash, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depending on the footage you are trying to work on in addition to the number of applications you have open while you also have After Effects open, RAM may be the reason it is too low. Try to update both your operating system and drivers, in addition to After Effects and if you have the 2020 version it is better to go down to at least 2019. Open only After Effects without any other open applications.

It starts there, but if you really want to improve your workflow, it's a good idea to add more RAM to it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have upgraded my ram to a 32 GB and begun using AE 2016 (the version I was using previous to this issue) However the screen is still freezing and going black 😞

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you update the operating system and especially the drivers for your graphics card? Go to the website and see which is the most updated driver for your system. Also, I would upgrade to the Ae 2017 or 2019 version at least because with those tech specs it should be fluent. I would also consider doing a full system scan with a good antivirus to rule out possibilities.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines