• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects creates unwanted volume change

Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I run the lateste version of Adobe After Effetcs CC 15.1.2 (Build 69)

I am making a new customer showreel with music I've composed.

It´s two minutes and there hasn't been any problems in earlier versions of this project.

When I last edited it a month ago everything worked ok.
The problem occured two days ago.and could be described this way:

1. I imported my sound file in its original form as a wav file from the latest version of Cubase.

2. In After Effects pre-render mode everything sounds ok. 

3. In the finally rendered film the sound suddenly lower itself to a minimum about 1 minute.

What can possibly have gone wrong here? 

TOPICS
Audio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Mylenium.

Thanks for your answer and no harm shall shine over After Effects. It took me to valuable days to find out that it was an idiotic video player named GOM player I used for about a year or so. It seems like the latest update contained some kind of auto adjustment of the volume level.

How I found out? By downloading he old VSL software from VideoLAN's website that is still up and running. In the VSL player everything sounded just perfect. 

But I guess there are more modern stuff out there fo

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any info about actual file specs, render settings, mastering levels, audio device settings and so on nobody can tell you much. Some formats will auto-adjust levels to comply with their spec or broadcast requirements and aside from that there could be millions of other reasons like your file containing dynamics data from Cubase that gets misinterpreted or the mix not being 100% correct to begin with. Same of course if you force an app like AE that is just plain terrible at anything to do with audio to resample your file.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mylenium.

Thanks for your answer and no harm shall shine over After Effects. It took me to valuable days to find out that it was an idiotic video player named GOM player I used for about a year or so. It seems like the latest update contained some kind of auto adjustment of the volume level.

How I found out? By downloading he old VSL software from VideoLAN's website that is still up and running. In the VSL player everything sounded just perfect. 

But I guess there are more modern stuff out there for playing videos in different formats and if you or anyone have suggestions I am listening.

Jack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a side note: what you've listed is not the latest version of After Effects. The latest version of AE is 17.0.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whoa!

Is this true, yeah I guess it is.

Wonder why my Adobe CC Manage window that shows all different Adobe softwares and flag when a program isn´t up to date have a meny box named update. 

I actually updated the software by using this option just before I tried to figure out what I thought was wrong inside the program itself. (Now I now that After Effects hadn't anything to do with that error since it was the now unistalled GOM-player that caused the probem.)

But how come the Adobe CC Manage window doesn´t update After Effects to the latest version? 

Is this the wrong way to make updates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible that your Adobe Creative Cloud app needs to be updated too. Can you show us a screenshot of it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC Manage Window.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. That's a rather old version! Try signing out, closing it, rebooting your computer, and relaunching it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I´ll try that!

However, isn't it strange that the program doesn't update itself or announce when it´s time to update it?

God knows for how long I´ve been using a software out of date 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was a bug in one version of the CC app that made it miss updates on some machines. Looks like you were lucky! But...gosh, you're about to have several new features!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looking forward to that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines