Highlighted

After Effects CS5 crashes due to OpenGL initiation

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having some second thoughts on still using my creative suite CS5 After Effects. Just recently my software from the Creative Suite crashed and I am unable to open the program due to an OpenGL issue. This bigger situation is that I can't do any purging data when the software can't open and clear out. 

I don't have a graphics card in my computer while I does work without it on my Windows 7 computer with an ATI Radion 3000 GPU. Should I cool the machine down and later turn it on to see if that works? Even my Adobe Primiere is having issues while I plan to address this in the community section there. Here's what I caught on my screen.

open_gl_error.pngopen_gl_error2.png

Any other discoveries can help since I can't update my software, which somehow my options are limited, while cloud based software is on limited category. Thank you.

Topics

Crash, Error or problem, How to, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After Effects CS5 crashes due to OpenGL initiation

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having some second thoughts on still using my creative suite CS5 After Effects. Just recently my software from the Creative Suite crashed and I am unable to open the program due to an OpenGL issue. This bigger situation is that I can't do any purging data when the software can't open and clear out. 

I don't have a graphics card in my computer while I does work without it on my Windows 7 computer with an ATI Radion 3000 GPU. Should I cool the machine down and later turn it on to see if that works? Even my Adobe Primiere is having issues while I plan to address this in the community section there. Here's what I caught on my screen.

open_gl_error.pngopen_gl_error2.png

Any other discoveries can help since I can't update my software, which somehow my options are limited, while cloud based software is on limited category. Thank you.

Topics

Crash, Error or problem, How to, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mylenium LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Impossible to know without an actual system crash info. That Adobe stuff is pretty much useless. just assuming it is an overheating problem isn't realyl going anywhere. It's more likely that this is a general leak and you may need to actually enable some legacy option in the Radeon drivers so they don't run in quirks mode to begin with. CS5 is otherwise fully compatible with Win 7, which kinda precludes any genuine deeper issue. It's most definitely a configuration/ driver thing.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines