• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects CS5 hangs on startup

New Here ,
May 08, 2010 May 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects CS5 (MAC, german trial version) needs 5-10 minutes to start up, hangs on the message "MediaCore wird initialisiert". On another Mac (small macbook!) it works fine. I did a reinstall, no effect. No plugins are installed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 12, 2010 May 12, 2010

Thanks guys.  It looks like both of you are having a similar problem with a third party AVI codec.  Please remove or uninstall any third party AVI codecs such as DivX,  XVid, etc. from your system and try AE again.  

You can also temporarily disable these components by closing any QT related apps and then dragging components out of the Library/QuickTime folder on your boot drive.   If that works, try adding them back one by one until it fails again.  That is the problem codec.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems the Adobe QT32 Server causes the problem. It is started along with every app. Together with After Effects ist freezes the system ... if I kill the task, after effects starts without any problems.

Is there any workaround, for example can I block the starting of QT32 together with AE ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, but on Windows 7 Enterprise x64. (German Trial, too.) When i kill the task "Adobe QT32 Server.exe" it won't work! After Effects didn't start, never! I can wait 20 Minutes and nothing happends.

Please Help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the versions of Mac OSX that you're using, both on the computer where After Effects is hanging and on the computer where it is working fine?

You shouldn't kill the Adobe QT32 Server process while After Effects is running. After Effects relies on that process to use QuickTime files. However, it may be the case that this process keeps running when you quit After Effects; in which case you should kill the process before you restart After Effects.

There's more information about this on this thread: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/629806

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the CS5 Master Trial installed on a Macbook Pro 13" with Snow Leo 10.6.3 - After Effects starts within seconds.

The second computer is an iMac 3.06Ghz 24" with Quicktime 7 Pro installed (and Quicktime X). Same Snow Leo 10.6.3. Every app from the master pack starts very fast, only After Effects needs 5-10 minutes which is caused by the QT32-process. The process comes up within After Effects, he is not running prior to starting AE. If I kill the process immediately after start, the start sequence of After Effects is starting again and is finished within seconds.

I tried everything, including a complete reinstall and using onyx to clean up the mac itself... no result.

By the way: in activity-monitor I can see that the QT32 seems to hang on "vnode: FD unavailable" ever and ever again... but I don't know if that's important

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2010 May 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another question: why starts premiere pro cs5 without any problems using that same qt32-process?  Starting after effects, the qt32-process causes 5 minutes pausing, starting premiere pro theres no problem. What is the difference between the AE-qt32 process and the PPro-qt32-process?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects uses TCP to communicate with the QuickTime server (Adobe QT32 Server) and the Dynamic Link manager, but we limit the connections to the local machine only (which is enough for most firewalls).

If you are having problems with After Effects hanging in communication with either of these processes, then explicitly telling your firewall to allow them to communicate may help.

Here are the executables that might be affected:

dynamiclinkmanager.exe
Adobe QT32 Server.exe
aftereffects.exe
PProHeadless.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which port do we need to open up to let AE communicate with QT32 Server?  AE hangs on my desktop machine, but opens up perfectly on my laptop.  I'm not aware of any difference in networking settings between them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same to me. Again, on my macbook it works. It has the same network settings.

If the QT32-Server with AfterEffects is blocked, why starts the QT32-Server with Premiere Pro at the same computer without problems? Isn't it the same process?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 11, 2010 May 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE and Pr both use separate copies of the QT32 Server when running.  This is normal.   If both apps are running at the same time it may not be clear which QT32 Server is which.  You may want to avoid that while investigating these issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why can't adobe just remake the programs to fix these problems? Mainly caues there is a lot of errors with 64 bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the QT32-Servers from AE and Premiere are different, what is the difference? Since premiere starts up, the problem must be somewhere at those code of QT32, which is different from the Premiere-one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I wrote above, I'm on a MAC, not on PC, so the *.exe-hint (firewall) is useless.

I can't believe, that my computer should be the problem because premiere pro with the same qt32-process starts without any problems.

I'm in the trial here, don't know if I buy the package when there's no solution for this problem... 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you explicitly told your firewall to allow them to communicate, as Todd stated, and you still have the same problem?

I'm just curious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Mac... I don't have a firewall. I have a program called Little Snitch that is the closest thing to a firewall, it's a network traffic monitor. But even when I disable it After Effects doesn't work.... The only way right now that I can get AE 10 to open is by quitting the "Adobe QT32 Server" process and as I stated before, it jacks up my workflow in After Effects... I have pretty much tried anything and everything that has been listed about this topic on these forums: deleting preferences, reinstalling After Effects, creating a separate user, etc... I think until Adobes finds a fix for this shenanigan I am just going to stick with AE 9...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried everything. Another user, booting without user-extensions, removing quicktime-7-player, shutting down little snitch, repairing everything using onyX and so on and so on...

Again, on my macbook virtually the same configuration incl little snitch it works... Only difference: no quicktime player 7 installed...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 11, 2011 Nov 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for all the mac users, there is firewall on mac, you should just go there and allow th e incoming connections to AE. That's all ... you restart and AE is loading perfectly . (system preferences- security - firewall- advanced ..)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2014 Jul 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A Mac's firewall is turned off as a default and most people don't turn it on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have CS5 through CS14 running on Macs with no problems. What is your exact OS version and version of AE? Did you change the preferences permissions to read write all? You have not given us much to go on. BTW, CS5 is not compatible with Mavericks.

System requirements | After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you even read both of my posts. I put all the information up in the below post:

This is happening for me as well (stuck on initialising media core) and every fix has been tried. The computer is a mac and the firewall isn't and has never been turned on, removing the preferences folder does nothing, uninstalling Quicktime and the 3rd party codec do nothing. All disk permissions are correct and a repair has been run on permissions. I've trashed the permissions, Quicktime preferences and Adobe preferences as well.

I am at my wits end and the user desperately needs After Effects as he is a designer. I can't believe Adobe still doesn't have a fix for this issue and keeps pointing people to the 'fix' that doesn't work or doesn't apply to them. I need a resolution ASAP.

As for CS5 not being compatible with Mavericks, well I have it running fine on other Mac's in the office.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects hangs up to 1 hour at starting. Why?

When i remove this folder "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CS5\Support Files\(Media Core plug-ins)" After Effects gave me this Error, http://yfrog.com/9gdoaej

Why it takes so much time to load this little folder? I want to work with After Effects, please help us.

My OS is Windows 7 Enterprise x64

Thanks

Edit: It WORKS! My firewall have blocked After Effects, i removed it and it works very well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem and it's really starting to frustrate me. AE (Cs5) hang son start-up until I kill the "Adobe QT32 Server" process. But if I do that I can't dynamiclink or export in any QT format. I can open Premiere Pro (Cs5) or any other Cs5 program just fine. I've tried deleting the preferences thing, tried reinstalling, and a few other things but no luck. I have a Macbook Pro 2.88ghz C2D 4gb ram with 10.6.3 and QT 7 is installed. Please fix this Adobe.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2010 May 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much Adobe.

Installed the upgrade from AE cs4 to AE cs5  and bingo AE is not working.

I'm using a Mac Pro 4core 8gb ram Mac OS X 10.6.3 (10D573).

Clicking the icon gives me nothing at all.

Already reinstalled but no change.

Come on Adobe, I need to make a living. What is this all about?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of you appear to be having different problems.  Let's keep this thread focused on QT32 server related hangs only.  Please start a new thread if:

1. you are never seeing an AE splash dialog come up

2. the splash dialog does not say "Initializing MediaCore" during the hang you are seeing

3. killing the QT32 Server process  in the Activity Monitor (mac)  / Task Manager (windows) does not result in unfreezing AE.   

Please note that if the Activity Monitor says QT32 Server is "unresponsive",  that can be normal and does not, by itself, mean you are experiencing a QT32 Server hang problem.    If (2) is happening but not (3), then you are likely experiencing some other plugin related issue than the QT32 server.  If all the above do apply to you.  Make sure you've tried the firewall fix mentioned above first.

If that doesn't help, on Mac please get the following information:     Repeat the hang with only AE running,  then go to the Activity Monitor and select the QT32 Server process.   Then press the "Sample Process" button at the top of the window.   When the sample is complete,  please post the first page of the resulting text file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The list is much too long, I decided to load it up onto my server (zipped)...

heres the link:

http://www.airbuscockpit.de/analysis.zip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines