• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

after effects CS6 doesn't work in mac OS Mojave?

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just discovered my version of After Effects CS6 does not work with MacOS Mojave. How do I reclaim use of my after effects package. I guess I should not update my system without further research as to the after effects !!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

Wouldn't really expect apps to work in Mojave that weren't written for it. Yes, before upgrading you need to check your system requirements and may need to update some or all apps. You are 5-6 versions behind the current Creative Cloud apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wouldn't really expect apps to work in Mojave that weren't written for it. Yes, before upgrading you need to check your system requirements and may need to update some or all apps. You are 5-6 versions behind the current Creative Cloud apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, some of us paid quite a bit the full CS6 Master Collection and we would like to see our software continure to work. As for several version behind, you are correct. CS6 was also the last version one could purchase. Some of us are opposed to subscription software. Offer an upgrade I am allowed to puchase, and I will upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

++ In addition to the TestScreenName response.

This is absolutely correct that CS6 has not been tested on Mac Mojave. There must be a compatibility issue, as Mojave is the most recent OS and CS6 is a very old version.

Here is a list of compatible OS  Adobe Creative Suite 6 system requirements that you can refer to see upto what version it has been tested and compatible.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines