• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects CS6 version 11 doesn't want to open on Mac El Captain OSX 10.11.6?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2018 Sep 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed AE CS6 version 11 on my Mac OSX 10.11.6.

Unfortunately when I tried to launch AE it gave me an error message : You can't use this version of the application with this version of OSX.

What should I do to solve this problem?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Hi  JBR 100,

Please update to After Effects 11.0.4 to fix this: Adobe - After Effects : For Macintosh : Adobe After Effects CS6 11.0.4 Update

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure CS6 is up to date by running the updater. If it is, then check the minimum system requirements. I don't have time to do the research for you right now but there is a good chance that you'll need to either downgrade your OS or Upgrade your AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen it mentioned that an OLD version of Java must be installed to get an old program (CS6 and earlier) working with your new operating system https://support.apple.com/kb/dl1572?locale=en_US

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi  JBR 100,

Please update to After Effects 11.0.4 to fix this: Adobe - After Effects : For Macintosh : Adobe After Effects CS6 11.0.4 Update

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

where to find After Effects download file CS6 Version 11.0.4 or newer to run under MAC OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rameez, 

I downloaded the update file of AF CS6 11.0.4 at the provided link but when I try to install it, this window appeared and I do not know how to enable upgrades as the administrator since everything is already allowed on my computer.Schermata 2020-09-26 alle 18.09.09.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines