Exit

After Effects distorting lines glitch on macbook pro 16"

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

when I use After Effects, the frame looks like this,

The frame appears like this.The frame appears like this.

when in reality it is supposed to look like this:This is what  the same frame looks like when zoomed in (and what it should look like)..This is what the same frame looks like when zoomed in (and what it should look like)..

When zoomed into the frame by quite a bit, the shapes and texts appear as they should, so I guess it is a bug on the side of After Effects?

I'm using the brand new MacBook Pro 2019 - 16" intel i9, 5500M 8GB, 64GB Ram, so performance isn't a problem.

I was experiencing similar issues in InDesign, when I previewed a page (shift + w) there were line-glitches all over the place. I researched the web and found out it was a commonly known problem with the solution to simply disable the GPU performance and it worked perfectly fine again. Now disabling the GPU in after effects is a thing I'd rather not try (don't even know if that's possible on the newest version).

Is there a simple answer to this problem, or do more people than me experience this kind of problem?

Thank you all for your answers and ideas!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

This is now fixed in version 17.0.1! A fix for premiere is next I hope.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The MacBook Pro 16inch is a new piece of hardware, so it's not yet widely used.
And with the newly designed Mac hardware and the newly released macOS combination, it's no wonder that trouble occurs.

At the moment, sound related problems are exposed.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250867287

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250879269

Move thread from Community Help to After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I have the exact same problem going on in my MacBook 16". I am hopping is just a problem that will get fix with an update. One thing that is working for me is to reduce the size of the AE window a bit so that it does not occupy 100% of the screen, that seems to solve the problem at least temporarily. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that is the same with me. I just got my MBP a few days ago. The resizing does work for me as well. I'm not sure why it does that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issues. Anyone figure it out yet? Resizing doesn't really work for me. ?? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is now fixed in version 17.0.1! A fix for premiere is next I hope.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 2022, version 22.0 Still having this exact problem:

Universeglitch_1 (With Universe Plugin).png

Universeglitch_0 (without Universe Plugin).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

AMD Radeon 6800 Graphics card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines