Highlighted

After Effects Doubling my Clip

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I imported one clip which I split and then made them both into pre-comps. The first pre-comp is from the beginning of the video and the second is from the end of the video. But every time I would go to preview the entire video (which I did this with other clips as well) it would just end up playing the first part of the video in both pre-comps, as if it was repeated, no matter how many times I redid it. This also occurred in another clip but in a different way, I put my clip into After Effects, got the two places I wanted it. But in the middle of the clip, it kept flashing to other parts of the video and I couldn't get a non-glitchy glip longer than a second. I tried doing the "Edit, Purge, Memory/Disk" solution which ended up causing the double clips. The main confusion I have is that I did the exact same process, to every video and clip I used, and this error only happens on a few clips.

TOPICS
Error or problem, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After Effects Doubling my Clip

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I imported one clip which I split and then made them both into pre-comps. The first pre-comp is from the beginning of the video and the second is from the end of the video. But every time I would go to preview the entire video (which I did this with other clips as well) it would just end up playing the first part of the video in both pre-comps, as if it was repeated, no matter how many times I redid it. This also occurred in another clip but in a different way, I put my clip into After Effects, got the two places I wanted it. But in the middle of the clip, it kept flashing to other parts of the video and I couldn't get a non-glitchy glip longer than a second. I tried doing the "Edit, Purge, Memory/Disk" solution which ended up causing the double clips. The main confusion I have is that I did the exact same process, to every video and clip I used, and this error only happens on a few clips.

TOPICS
Error or problem, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 17, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide details of your (1) hardware (2) OS and (3) AE Version and build number (you'll find this under AE's Help Menu>About After Effects).

You will also want to provide screen grabs of the following -

(1) each preComp
(2) 'Final' Comp

Have you applied any Time Remapping/Time Stretching of either the layers in the preComps or the nested comps in the 'Final' Comp?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 17, 2020 0