• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After effects error code.

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2010 Oct 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

upon opening After Effects i receive this crash error. "After Effects error:Crash in progress. lat logged message was: <11156> <Dynamiclink> <5> C:\Program files (x86)\Common files\adobe\dynamiclink\cs5\dynmiclinkmanager.exe"

My computer specs:

Intelcore i5

4.0 GB RAM

64-bit OS

is there any way to fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that this might be your issue:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/857/cpsid_85711.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

alright thank you i'm going t have to have someone help me check this out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

alright i tried that, and i'm still getting a crash error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Interesting.

Ok. Firstly, It is important what is Dynamic link to solve this problem.

What is Dynamic Link?

Adobe® Dynamic Link gives you tighter-than-ever integration when moving assets between Adobe After Effects® CS5, Adobe Premiere® Pro CS5, and Encore® CS5. An integral part of Adobe Creative Suite® 5 Production Premium and Master Collection software, Dynamic Link enables you to work faster and stay in the creative flow by eliminating intermediate rendering when you make changes to assets — whether you're editing a sequence of clips in Adobe Premiere Pro, changing a composition in After Effects, or refining a project in Encore.

more -> info  http://www.adobe.com/products/creativesuite/dynamiclink/

Secondly, plz let me check your system.

1. Did you install the package of Adobe master collection or Creative Suite Production Premium, or each software separated in AE and Premiere?

2. Did you uninstall whole package about that ; if you have, including not only CS5 but also previous package or software was related with Adobe AE and Premiere like CS4, CS3?

3. Also check your any whole local folder like 10.0 folder or user application folder in document about Adobe not deleted by order "uninstall"

4. Then, after reboot, Just install only AE(or Premiere), Only one of Two! by clicking the content in the window of installing package of Adobe.

5. Does opening AE(or Premiere) is ok?  -->I wholly believe it won't have any Problem. Just imagine that you got adobe software first.

6. Then, try to install the other.

7. If both AE and Premiere are that opening is good, you are able to install the others of your package.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes i've tried all of the above, and it still comes up with a crash error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 10, 2010 Oct 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trash the prefs! You have enabled MP rendering and for some reason it's busted...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i tried trashing the prefs file....still came up with the same error code....about done and going to stick with Cinema 4d...any thing else i can try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download ProcessMonitor from Sysinternals, set it to filter on AfterFX.exe, then watch. Whenever something goes wrong, it will be labeled with Fail and pop up in red. This wil ltell you exactly at which file or registry key it crashes and for what reason. Provide that info and we may be able to tell you what to do...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2011 Feb 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having the same problem,

But how do i filter AE ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, this file "Adobe After Effects 10.0-x64 Prefs"  working fine till its gets up to 500 KB and then i get the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanna ask you that where "Adobe After Effects 10.0-x64 Prefs" file, which you found, is?

And What did you do something that the file got up to 500KB? Did you add or check some options in the Prefs?

And Why do you think the problem shows along changing the size of the prefs?

Thanks you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its in the following folder

computer>Local>Users>Name>Appdata>Roaming>Adobe>After Effects>10.0

No i did not edit it.

Well because when i delete it i check up on start up on 100 kb its fine.

Once its crashes its everytime  on 500 kb.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. Now checked,

Screen shot 2011-02-01 at 4.43.16 PM.png

This file, which you said, mainly has whole option values such as "1" or "0" ; "On" or "Off", about workspace of AE.(You need not touch these options.)

So, if your pref file was damaged or something like that, it can be crashed.

But, I don't think the size of the file causes some problems because mine is 601 KB.(Windows 7 64)

Here is the solution about crash by workspace.

1. Plz check where your workspace is placed when you start to get the problem.

If you found that, you can delete your workspace using this option below. "Delete Workspace.."

Screen shot 2011-02-01 at 4.31.18 PM.png

2. Or, you can manually delete both "Adobe After Effects 10.0-x64 Prefs" and "workspace.XML" in the folder.

When you restart AE, those will be recreated with default value and size.

Exactly, what warning message did you get from crash in AE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2011 Nov 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

just wanted to reupdate this thread as I'm having the exact same problem at the moment but none of the solutions suggested above did actually work:

- only install After Effects - check

- delete 10.0 folder - check

- delete workspace within the programm - check

I even switched off my whole Firewall in hope this would do anything about the TCP-problems suggested by Todd_Kopriva, but it does not, actually. The thing is that on my previous computer (also Win 7, 64 Bit, IGP) I never had that problem so i actually assume some hardware issues to be the cause. I have a GeForce GTX560 2 GB installed plus 16 GB RAM. My machine is brand-new.

Hope that we'll get this thing sorted, as I am in kind of a hurry to finish my project. Guys, Help!!! .

Greetings,

Matthias

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2012 Mar 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is another reason this can happen - my Windows PC BSOD'ed in the middle of a render.  After a reboot, both my prefs file and the 'memorybalancercs<version>.xml' file were trashed, the latter caused the DynamicLinkManager.exe crash-loop.  Just removing it (delete or rename) rebuilds it and fixes the issue.  It's found at:

C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\dynamiclinkmanager/<correct version>

Would be nice if AE could catch this like it does for prefs (will report).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2012 Aug 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For anyone looking for the answer to this error recently

The Simple answer to this is to close all your open cs apps. I received this problem when i was updating my cs apps, and i had tried to update from the top menu while in photoshop.Once i closed photoshop and made sure no other CS apps were opened, the error messege disappeared and the updates continued.

Another note; just in case you get another error code saying to close shellEXTloader, just close Sugarsync.For some reason this was the answer.happy travels!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines