Highlighted

After Effects Error: missing data in file. (33::4)

Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ik was bezig met een documentaire. Het project was opgeslagen. Sinds de laatste update kan ik dit project niet meer openen en krijg ik de melding zoals hierboven beschreven. Dat is een ramp, omdat ik aan een deadline vast zit. De docu was bijna af en zou opnieuw alle footage moeten verzamelen.

Wat is er aan de hand en wat moet ik nu doen

Topics

Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After Effects Error: missing data in file. (33::4)

Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ik was bezig met een documentaire. Het project was opgeslagen. Sinds de laatste update kan ik dit project niet meer openen en krijg ik de melding zoals hierboven beschreven. Dat is een ramp, omdat ik aan een deadline vast zit. De docu was bijna af en zou opnieuw alle footage moeten verzamelen.

Wat is er aan de hand en wat moet ik nu doen

Topics

Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to embed your image using the toolbar so we can see it. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer, but I don't understand what image I have to embed, using what toolbar.

There are no images in this documentary only a lot of movies. 

This Project I made worked perfect in the former After Effects, but after downloading the latest version it says : missing data and I cannot see what data because al the movies I placed in the project I cannot see anymore

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody can see the linked image at the bottom of your post. If you tried to upload something it did not work. After effects data missing.jpg

If you have an error report or some other workflow and project details it would help. There is nothing in your posts that gives us an idea of your workflow or what might be going wrong.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's the problem. The attachment says only: After Effects Error: ontbrekende gegevens in bestand. (33 :: 4)

I had a project with a lot of movies and compositions selected. It worked very good in the older version of after Effects. But after installing the newest version 17.0.6 (build 35) I tried to open this project and all the compositions and movies are gone. It only gave this failur. Data missing, etc.

Even the name of the project did not show up. So I liked to give more information, but I cannot, because there is nothing to see. It looks like a new file with noting in it an have to start again. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi marjannetje,

Which version of After Effects are you using exactly? https://adobe.ly/2Tri88U

There was a known issue with the roto brush in After Effects 17.0.1 which was fixed in 17.0.2. 

Thanks,

Rameez

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dank voor uw antwoord. Mijn laatste versie is 17.0.6

Ik heb geen probleem met het roto penseel

Ik was bezig met een project, wat bijna klaar is. het was als project goed opgeslagen en werkte al die tijd goed, Tot de nieuwe versie van After Effects. Als ik het project nu open krijg ik dus de volgende foutmelding : After Effects Error: ontbrekende gegevens in bestand. (33 :: 4)

En is er helemaal niets meer te zien van de movies die in de tijdlijn staan. Sterker nog, de naam van het project is ook verdwenen.  Ook geen enkele composition meer te zien. 

Dus weet niet meer of ik Adobe kan vertrouwen met movies en dergelijke

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's odd, marjannetje.

I wonder if you run into the same issue if you create a new project and then import your original project into it?

If that doesn't resolve it, I'd suggest that you roll back to After Effects 17.0.5.

Additionally, if you're willing to share the project file with us, we can test it on our end.

Thanks,

Rameez

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines