• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects Error:Source file has no importable streams

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the latest update for CC 2018, After Effects nor Premier will import several QT files. I receive "After Effects Error:Source file has no importable streams" I have a couple of workstations I haven't updated yet and they don't have an issue. What's the fix for this for the current update?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no fix. Support for a lot of Quickteim Stuff has been removed. Read the "What's new?" and "Known issues" sections in the online help. You have to downgrade or convert your files externally.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2018 Jun 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, if you delete something you need to do a lesson, people are buying projects and I do not know in vchem problem is that it does not work,and how to solve the problem? with convert files to another format?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you need to revert back a version if you need to use the mov files. in the creative could app click the right side of the button for after effects on the drop down flag, then select an older version to install.

I had to do this because I had a bunch of pre-rendered background videos in comps that were mov files. Nice of adobe just to make a sweeping change that they should have known would mess up a ton of peoples work days.

Thanks for the lost 2 hours adobe, you're the greatest...........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is.. Unbelievable.. I've also lost couple of hours on this and now downgrading...

Very strange!!

Thanks for the info here though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here - ADOBE isn't supporting .MOV - REALLY???????

Another reason to close the door on this train-wreck Paid subscription BS .... Blackmagic is looking better everyday 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've heard a lot of good feedback about DaVinci Resolve.. All in one + much more powerful platform + free!!

I agree with you on this..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Yes, it is becoming more and more appealing every day. I’ve got five friends who have already made the switch and they don’t regret it at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huge bummer.  Adobe is trying to be Apple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep - All the FCP 7 people migrated to Adobe now The migration to Blackmagic begins. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another one here who has lost hours of work because of this problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just FYI this is a complete nightmare.

I'm at a clients studio, they've promised to build these spots around 2 templates. Load the templates in they contain references to video footage encoded as Quicktime.Mov's probably as photo jpeg or h264 etc as that's quite common.

I cannot import these elements. I'm on the ducking clock buddy, people are paying for my time to sit here and muck around with this nonsense.

I once worked around this by converting the mov file in quicktime to a prores.mov and then life carried on, but this stupid quicktime X isn't even giving me sophisticated options for export, Media Encoder won't import it either.

Long story short not only am I ducked right now, so is my producer/boss/client who promised spots to one of our higher end clients, shot a bunch of footage on RED with this client, and right here right now we're ducked.

I pay my subscription fee to you guys in the hope you will be smart enough to make it so I don't wind up in binds like this. Just saying we're taking away support for normal workflows, for no apparent good reason is mind bogglingly irresponsible.

I would say more, but I need to go back to solving this problem (instead of applying my creativity to the project - which is what I'm being paid to do, and the reason why we pay for your software to begin with).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anyone is stuck on this still - Apple Compressor works great for transcoding files to usable material.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - You just saved me, friend!  Converted to ProRes 4444 with Alpha and the file imported correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2018 Jun 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Going back to the top of this page....HOW is this issue 'ASSUMED' answered???? (Yes ALL CAPS means I am raising my voice) If customers aren't getting usable upgrades - how about a refund until this is fixed ADOBE..... I don't like paying money every  month  to downgrade or add extra work to transcode everything....... FIX this please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloaded a previews version and it worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 15.0.1 of AfterEffects works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realize that this is from a couple months ago, and you probably figured out some workaround by now. But I had the same problem and just now got it to work without rolling back to an older version. In my case, I had already had the .mov files in After Effects prior to updating because it was an older project. Some of them worked and some showed the same error message. They were all from the same source, so I'm not sure why. But simply moving the problematic files to another location of my hard drive and then using the Replace Footage → File option (basically relinking) worked. I don't understand how or why (total fluke), but figured that I would at least share this in case this helps anyone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 12, 2018 Aug 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here, 

the files are not .mov   some of them are mp4.

there seems to be no rhyme or reason to it,  because some files from a drone camera are opening, other files from the same drone are not opening.

same issue across after effects, premiere and media encoder. if a file wont open in one of them it wont open in any of them.

looks like a bug to me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 12, 2018 Aug 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i tried importing a whole folder full of files to premiere, and it imported them fine.   (the same files that gave me this error when trying to import  them individually)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had luck opening the file with Photoshop and then rendering it out as an image sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome:

Blender (free)

Kdenlive (free)

Blackmagic Fusion 8 (worth every penny)

[Blackmagic] DaVinchi Resolve 15 (worth every penny)

ffmpeg (stunning quality + size + speed for videos batch processing, yes right in sh / bash, yes for free)

Ardour5 (free)

Krita (free)

Gravit Designer (free, commercial support available)

Darktable (free)

FINALLY no need to keep that Win* / Mac* virtual machines overhead on all my *nux / *nix systems.

Bye-bye:

Adobe*

Microsoft*

Oracle  (VirtualBox, so far free)

VMWare (Workstation, USD 199+ / machine)

Intel* (just in case)

THANK YOU VERY MUCH, ADOBE.

Thank you and fare well.

I look forward to never hearing from you again anytime in the future.

Good night, and good luck.

PS Even this forum is a bug upon a bug.

PPS "Enough" has never been that much of enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all. This video helped me out and I didn't have to stray far from Adobe. You can convert the mov files inside of Photoshop. At least until they stop supporting the codec there as well.

You basically drop the file in PS and export from there using the ANIMATION selection. I was not able to simply reload the new file however, I still had to drag and drop the new one in. But this saved me DAYS of work having to rebuild all of this in HitFilm.

I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didn't work for me. When I try to open in photoshop it says "Could not complete your request because the video file could not be opened".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Assumed Answered." LOL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines