Highlighted

After Effects Error:Source file has no importable streams

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the latest update for CC 2018, After Effects nor Premier will import several QT files. I receive "After Effects Error:Source file has no importable streams" I have a couple of workstations I haven't updated yet and they don't have an issue. What's the fix for this for the current update?

Topics

Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After Effects Error:Source file has no importable streams

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the latest update for CC 2018, After Effects nor Premier will import several QT files. I receive "After Effects Error:Source file has no importable streams" I have a couple of workstations I haven't updated yet and they don't have an issue. What's the fix for this for the current update?

Topics

Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no fix. Support for a lot of Quickteim Stuff has been removed. Read the "What's new?" and "Known issues" sections in the online help. You have to downgrade or convert your files externally.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, if you delete something you need to do a lesson, people are buying projects and I do not know in vchem problem is that it does not work,and how to solve the problem? with convert files to another format?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you need to revert back a version if you need to use the mov files. in the creative could app click the right side of the button for after effects on the drop down flag, then select an older version to install.

I had to do this because I had a bunch of pre-rendered background videos in comps that were mov files. Nice of adobe just to make a sweeping change that they should have known would mess up a ton of peoples work days.

Thanks for the lost 2 hours adobe, you're the greatest...........

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is.. Unbelievable.. I've also lost couple of hours on this and now downgrading...

Very strange!!

Thanks for the info here though.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here - ADOBE isn't supporting .MOV - REALLY???????

Another reason to close the door on this train-wreck Paid subscription BS .... Blackmagic is looking better everyday 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've heard a lot of good feedback about DaVinci Resolve.. All in one + much more powerful platform + free!!

I agree with you on this..

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Yes, it is becoming more and more appealing every day. I’ve got five friends who have already made the switch and they don’t regret it at all.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huge bummer.  Adobe is trying to be Apple.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep - All the FCP 7 people migrated to Adobe now The migration to Blackmagic begins. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines