Highlighted

After Effects error: string memory leak ( 83 :: 2 )

Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since upgrading to the latest AE, I'm getting this error every time I close out of After Effects - basically crashing on exit.  Anyone else?

This is on a Macbook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014) 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 750M.  Haven't upgraded the PC workstation yet to see it is replicated on that system.

Shawn

Definitely file a bug, Shamer.

Thanks,
Kevin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since upgrading to the latest AE, I'm getting this error every time I close out of After Effects - basically crashing on exit.  Anyone else?

This is on a Macbook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014) 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 750M.  Haven't upgraded the PC workstation yet to see it is replicated on that system.

Shawn

Definitely file a bug, Shamer.

Thanks,
Kevin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 03, 2017 2
LEGEND ,
Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you save your CC 2017 version?  Use it.  This new one won't be worth a hoot until the first major bug fix... or maybe the second.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 03, 2017 6
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Impossible to know with the actual crash log and ideally a description of your steps. In 15+ years of using AE I've never come across this error, so the conditions when it appears are very specific. Knowing what's involved might help. Perhaps you use some expressions or scripts or generally something exotic to do with text...

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Description is simple. Saved and closed out of After Effects generates the error.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 10, 2018 1
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

For Mac users : I have no more this error since I am on Sierra ( not high Sierra .. it’s not yet sure )

Le 22 mars 2018 à 19:55, DavidMatos <forums_noreply@adobe.com <mailto:forums_noreply@adobe.com>> a écrit :

DavidMatos <https://forums.adobe.com/people/DavidMatos?et=watches.email.outcome> marked Irishspacemonk <https://forums.adobe.com/people/Irishspacemonk?et=watches.email.outcome>'s reply on After Effects error: string memory leak ( 83 :: 2 ) <https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2406626?et=watches.email.outcome> as helpful. View the full reply <https://forums.adobe.com/message/10094258?et=watches.email.outcome#10094258>

Marked as helpful:

Description is simple. Saved and closed out of After Effects generates the error.

Following After Effects error: string memory leak ( 83 :: 2 ) <https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2406626?et=watches.email.outcome> in these streams: Inbox

This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe <https://forums.adobe.com/unsubscribe.jspa?email=johanna%40cinemascene.fr&token=167fdc6d9c84780320d5327b7f03d7164cc63b162d27740b7088360a3981d9f9> instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences <https://forums.adobe.com/user-preferences!input.jspa>

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 22, 2018 0
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got this error after closing after effects while using the a lot of text animator

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 18, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I'm having the same problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2017 6
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have the same problem since 2 days

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 10, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've gotten it once or twice but I just ignored it.  However if it's happening every time you close the app you should probably go back to 2017 for the time being and either contact support or submit a bug report.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 04, 2017 1
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, I see the same error window when closing out.

I have the same Mac setup but late 2013.

Macbook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014) 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 750M

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2017 0
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, me too. MacBook Pro 15" Touch, High Sierra

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2017 0
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I habe the same problem with same set up except for OS Catalina.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 26, 2019 1