• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects Errors and Warnings + After Effects no longer opening

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently, each time I opened an After Effects .aep file in AE, I've gotten a number of error messages.

Error Message One: 

After Effects error: preferences file "ADobe After Effects 17.5 Prefs.txt" is not valid. The file will be renamed with ".old", and a new preferences file will be created (21 :: 31)

Error Message Two:

After Effects warning: Error parsing properties list from file "/Users/myname/Library/Preferences/Adobe/After Effects/17.5/DVADialogPrefs/DVDialogPrefs.xlm". It has been renamed to "DVADialogPrefs.xlm.old" for backup. Proceeding.

Error Message Three:  

"After Effects error: internal verification failure, sorry! {no current context}"

This began suddenly today and now After Effects won't even open anymore, it keeps displaying error message three above. The only thing I did today was open a file that was once used on an older mac computer which I replaced. Now After Effects is displaying these errors with file that were just edited in AE on the new computer - I just edited a file yesterday and today, yet now I'm getting these error messages when I attempt to edit those same files again on the very same new computer.

Please assist as to what is going on here. I tried searching for answers and only saw something regarding Team documents, which this is not. Please assist. Thank you.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any actual system info and otehr details we can't tell you much, but since this appears to be a Mac, this could be the old dumb Catalina issues rearing their head. Start by verifying your file and folder permissions.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi sr34405482,

Sorry for your issue with After Effects.

As Mylenium mentioned, would you mind sharing your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS)? What happens if you reset the preferences of After Effects? Are you able to launch it and create a new project?

Let us know, we're here to help.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines