Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After effects executable is stuck after rendering with IPC Broker log

New Here ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

While running after effects command line tool(in non-royalty-bearing mode), the process is getting stuck with a log message "2020-05-25 09:10:54:600 : INFO Successfully Launched IPC Broker with medium Integrity Level", even if the render is complete.

This issue is observed randomly, most of the time project is getting rendered without issues.

ae version: 17.1x72

command: aerender -project "C:/aerender/tmp/122964762557a5ded169dfc9/aep_zip/project.aepx" -comp "RenderComp" -OMtemplate "AmagiTGA" -RStemplate "Best Settings" -output "C:/aerender/tmp/122964762557a5ded169dfc9/rendered/7b9b406f74c10f84_[#####].tga" -close DO_NOT_SAVE_CHANGES -mp > C:/aerender/tmp/122964762557a5ded169dfc9/render.log 2>&1

render logs: PFA

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, in case anyone still cares:
I just ran into the issue - NO aerender.exe version (tried 15 .. 17.1.2) would work any more (I suspect the new desktop client). I found you can easily delete AdobeIPCBroker.exe. After doing so, everything works as expected again. However, it is advisable to do this only on render-nodes; as you get an error message when logging in:

helge000_0-1598455510960.png

Nice side effect: AFX/aerender.exe now loads 3x as fast (down to 20sec from over 1:30min). I run the following script on the machines at start up:

REM Remove Adobe IPC broker - aerender.exe will not work otherwise
taskkill /f /t /im AdobeIPCBroker.exe
del /f /q "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Desktop Common\IPCBox\AdobeIPCBroker.exe"
del /f /q "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\IPC\AdobeIPCBroker.exe"

Note, the EXE is in two places; removing only one will not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines