• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects Expression for moving to specific position and stopping

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm just getting into After Effects expressions and though I know Javascript pretty well, that doesn't really seem to translate to knowing how it works i After Effects. I am now trying to write an expression that will make an object move to a specific position over a specific time, and then stopping at that position. The position is going to be a variable so I can't just make it a keyframe.

This feels like it should be super easy but I can't get it working and I have gone crazy googling as it seems there is no information what so ever about this anywhere. I might be a big idiot and missing something super simple, but please help me before I lose my mind.

TOPICS
Expressions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Time is time, position is an array, interpolators are linear(), ease()and so on. Easy as Pi(e). Example (pseudo-code)

X=linear(time,startTime,endTime,startPosX,endPosX);
Y=linear(time,startTime,endTime,startPosY,endPosY);

[X,Y]

Mangle and expand as you need. More details in the online help and respective tutorials.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines