Highlighted

After Effects Factory Reset

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a majour problem with my AE. I downloaded a file ready for editing and it was completely fine.....right up until it has added a layer in the layers section which I can't delete. You know the bit where you add your pictures and clips to put together. My layers section has a green layer which extends to the end of the timeline and on the display where you go to watch your animation, it has these green lines covering the screen which covers my work so I can't see what I am doing.

I have tried resetting the preferences multiple times but that only resets your shortcuts, not factory reset, I have tried installing 17.1 instead of 17.11 and the same problem occurs with 17.1, I have tried uninstalling it and installing previous versions before that, such as 16.03 but that hasn't done anything. Any ideas? Anything would help. Thanks 

Topics

Error or problem, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After Effects Factory Reset

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a majour problem with my AE. I downloaded a file ready for editing and it was completely fine.....right up until it has added a layer in the layers section which I can't delete. You know the bit where you add your pictures and clips to put together. My layers section has a green layer which extends to the end of the timeline and on the display where you go to watch your animation, it has these green lines covering the screen which covers my work so I can't see what I am doing.

I have tried resetting the preferences multiple times but that only resets your shortcuts, not factory reset, I have tried installing 17.1 instead of 17.11 and the same problem occurs with 17.1, I have tried uninstalling it and installing previous versions before that, such as 16.03 but that hasn't done anything. Any ideas? Anything would help. Thanks 

Topics

Error or problem, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update your system's graphics drivers, flush your caches.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Thanks for reaching out.

Did you try updating the GPU driver as suggested by Mylenium? If that didn't help, please share a screenshot that shows the problem so that we can understand it better.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines