Highlighted

After Effects file saving error

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting this error when trying to save my after effects project.  I type command + F, choose my location on my HD, and save it as an .aep (the default setting) and this is the error i get - "After Effects Error: File couldn't be opened for writing: "(name of project).aep". (3 ;; 0)

Saveerror.png

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by OussK | Adobe Community Professional

Did you try to save in different location? to save on desktop directly or different HD if you have 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After Effects file saving error

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting this error when trying to save my after effects project.  I type command + F, choose my location on my HD, and save it as an .aep (the default setting) and this is the error i get - "After Effects Error: File couldn't be opened for writing: "(name of project).aep". (3 ;; 0)

Saveerror.png

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by OussK | Adobe Community Professional

Did you try to save in different location? to save on desktop directly or different HD if you have 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you.  This worked.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're my Guardian Angel, buddy! ❤️

Thanks a lot!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's also possible that the folder you're trying to save it in needs Admin. permission. 

Save the preset in an other location like Desktop, then manually in the Finder or in Documents Window drag the .ffx file to the Presets Folder.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by this? I keep getting "error with file" after effects and premiere pro

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines