Highlighted

After Effects file won't open

New Here ,
May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried opening a 15.0.1 (windows 64) file on the latest After Effects cc 2020. I am using my MacBook Pro. Once I click ok to convert the file, After Effects shuts down. I used a different file, and I'm still having this problem. 

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After Effects file won't open

New Here ,
May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried opening a 15.0.1 (windows 64) file on the latest After Effects cc 2020. I am using my MacBook Pro. Once I click ok to convert the file, After Effects shuts down. I used a different file, and I'm still having this problem. 

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 23, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi frazm53547257,

Welcome to the Community.

Are there any third-party plug-ins used in the files? You can try changing the project's location and open. If that doesn't help, try importing your file in a new project.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 26, 2020 1
New Here ,
May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, importing the file in a new project worked for me. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 30, 2020 0