Highlighted

After Effects files being used as a template and sent to another computer...?

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering if somebody else made a project in after effects and sent me the file (to use as a template where I would replace the images and audio with whatever I need), would I be able to open, edit, and export it. If so, would I also be able to export a project with a plugin that I do not own? For instance if the person owned the plugin and made the template for me then sent it to me, would I be able to just change out the images and audio but the plugin would still export in the end?

TOPICS
Audio, FAQ, How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After Effects files being used as a template and sent to another computer...?

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering if somebody else made a project in after effects and sent me the file (to use as a template where I would replace the images and audio with whatever I need), would I be able to open, edit, and export it. If so, would I also be able to export a project with a plugin that I do not own? For instance if the person owned the plugin and made the template for me then sent it to me, would I be able to just change out the images and audio but the plugin would still export in the end?

TOPICS
Audio, FAQ, How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 22, 2020 0
Mylenium LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, of course not. Plug-ins are executable code on your computer, not assets associated with the project. You still need your own versions of critical plug-ins in case you plan on such a collaborative workflow. That is beyond the default plug-ins that come with AE, naturally, or free ones that you can just install with no extra cost or limitations. Everything else will require proper licensing and thus incur additional cost.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 22, 2020 0