• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After effects Footage tearing/glitching

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anybody know what the issue is? had this for a while now. It's not the footage or any corrupted effects.

TOPICS
Error or problem , FAQ , Freeze or hang , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What format is the source footage? I suspect decoding errors in the footage and a lack of system resources. Try setting memory available to AE to a multiple of 4 GB in preferences. 

When I use Twixtor I always apply Twixtor to a solid and select the footage I want to manipulate using Source Control. That's what is recommended and it is always a better idea than applying Twixtor directly to the original footage. You might want to give that a try. You might also want to turn the GPU on or switch it off. The most efficient workflow depends on your system.

Screenshot_2020-09-21 07.32.01_ydrRTE.png

I probably wouldn't put more than a couple of shots in a single comp either. AE is not a video editing app and it's usually more efficient to work on one shot per comp. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines