Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects FPS problem

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

I got a little problem with my After Effects.

In V17.1.1 everytime when i previewed the animation, the animation was just showed in 10fps, but i set 29,97. Also After Effects kind of crashed everytime, the fps count and the animations were still going on in 10fps but i couldn't click anything anymore. 

Now in V17.1.2 I still have the fps problem and it is just showing my animation in 10 fps. I really don't know what to do anymore...

If you know what i could do, please help,

thank you a lot

Hardware:

i7-9750H

GeForce GTX 1650

(shouldn't be a problem)

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , FAQ , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any information on the contents of your project and your preview settings nobody can answer this specifically, but to be honest it simply seems like a classic misunderstanding about AE's capabilities. Very few things are realtime and you may need to run RAM previews. instead on relying on spacebar previews and AE's very limited hardware acceleration. I would recommend reading the online help on these matters. The crash is another thing, but pretty likely simply relates to similar issues with hardware acceleration. Start by checking those settings and update your graphics drivers.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Mylenium,

Thank you for your answer, the content isn't done yet it is just a simple square that's been animated (vector), i think AE should be able to show this animation in realtime...

You talked about RAM previews, I am quite new to animation and After Effects, how do i do this? 

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines