• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects freezes PC while rendering

Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I tried to render my 17sec project, but I was only able to render as .avi in 720x540 or something like that. I tried using H264 in Full HD and HD but it just keeps freezing my PC. I'm using CC 2019. Does somebody has an idea how to fix that?

GTX 1060 6GB

8GB RAM

I5 8400

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start by clearing the Media Cache

Captura de pantalla 2019-01-21 a la(s) 16.20.51.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, thanks. I'm gonna try it tomorrow and say you if it worked or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It still keeps freezing my PC...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try deleting Ae preferences:

Close Ae.

When clic to open Ae, immediately press Shft + Alt + Cmd (on Mac) or Shft + Alt + Ctrl (on Windows) and keep pressing these three keys until If you see a dialog box where you are asked if you want to delete the preferences, press OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like S_Shake is freezing the PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then try disabling it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But the effect is used in the video 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With a little effort, Wiggler may be useful to achieve the same effect or at least one similar one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay. Going to try tomorrow. But I still dont know why it freezes my PC. My old PC (4GB RAM, some ugly 2core CPU and Intel Graphics) was able to render everything. Now I built a new PC and it can't even render haha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hahaha ok, in that case anything can be happening if you yourself armed your PC. In any case, remember that not only depends on the hardware, it also depends on the software then you must be sure that the versions of the plugins or filters that you are using are the compatible versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll maybe try to render on CC 2017... Maybe works then

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked into the Log file from AE and saw this:

After Effects error: Unable to allocate enough memory to render the current frame (1280x720 @ 16bpc). Either decrease the memory requirements for rendering of this frame, or install more RAM. (12805)

Do you maybe know what this is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Let me tell you one easy thing, Don't use S_Shake first.. Precompose everything you want S_shake on and then render it without S_shake.. After rendering use S_shake on the clip in Premiere Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines