Highlighted

After Effects installed 7 Cinema 4D apps

Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Usually, when I install AE on my Macbook Pro, it would usually be accompanied by one Cinema 4D install. Recently installed After Effects 2020 onto my new iMac and C4D came with 7 installs:

- C4Dpy

- Cinema 4D

- Cinema 4D Team Render Client

- Cinema 4D Team Render Server

- Commandline

- Cineware

- Cinema 4D Lite

My question is, is C4D needed for my AE workflow? Is it okay to uninstall all 7 of these C4D apps?

Thanks in advance 🙂

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After Effects installed 7 Cinema 4D apps

Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Usually, when I install AE on my Macbook Pro, it would usually be accompanied by one Cinema 4D install. Recently installed After Effects 2020 onto my new iMac and C4D came with 7 installs:

- C4Dpy

- Cinema 4D

- Cinema 4D Team Render Client

- Cinema 4D Team Render Server

- Commandline

- Cineware

- Cinema 4D Lite

My question is, is C4D needed for my AE workflow? Is it okay to uninstall all 7 of these C4D apps?

Thanks in advance 🙂

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 13, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the very same question! 

Have you managed to get an answer for this? 

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 06, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paula,

I haven't figured it out yet! Still looking for an answer myself.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 06, 2020 2
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The question is not so much if C4D is necessary to your workflow, only you know that, but moreso whether or not uninstalling them will somehow "break" AE.  I would imagine at the very least you will get some errors when AE is loading due to the missing applications and at worst AE will not load at all.   You can easily answer your own question by uninstalling them and seeing what happens.  You can always do a clean install of AE if something does break.  I would also imagine that Adobe's "official" position on the matter would be NOT to uninstall anything installs by default but sometimes "official" positions are based more on politics than reality.  Uninstall them and see what happens and let us know.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 06, 2020 1
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there! I have the same question. Did someone answered you? I see you posted this question months ago... did you end up uninstalling them?

In my case, I have the adobe license thanks to my university, and saw all those programms being installed automatically, and thought to myself "Oh, they´re probably included as a whole package. Then, I tried to open cinema4d because I was curious (i´ve seen some amazing stuff made with that program), and even created my acount with the same email as my adobe account... and apparently I don´t have a license???? Why would adobe install programms automatically when I don´t even have a license to access them. 

anyway.. I guess Ill just ignore them. But ugh they´re so many programs wtf

good luck, i hope that someone that knows more about this topic answers this forum.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the same boat as you and I'm going to try to uninstall them tonight. I'll let you know how it goes.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2020 0