Highlighted

After effects is not opening

New Here ,
May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it was opening when i first installed it, then, when i tried opening the app again, instead of 'checking...' or something like that, there is just a bunch of question marks like '?????????', then a message that says ' can't continueAfter Effects. an unexpected glitch happened while opening the app' pops up. i dont know what to do, i have my deadlines coming up. i tried to uninstall and install it back several times, i tried restarting my computer, nothing of this is working. what do i do? please see screenshots...

TOPICS
Activation, Installation, New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After effects is not opening

New Here ,
May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it was opening when i first installed it, then, when i tried opening the app again, instead of 'checking...' or something like that, there is just a bunch of question marks like '?????????', then a message that says ' can't continueAfter Effects. an unexpected glitch happened while opening the app' pops up. i dont know what to do, i have my deadlines coming up. i tried to uninstall and install it back several times, i tried restarting my computer, nothing of this is working. what do i do? please see screenshots...

TOPICS
Activation, Installation, New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 28, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi aidana_kairatova,

Welcome to the Community and sorry for your issue.

Have you installed a new program or font recently? Try validating and removing the faulty using Font Book. Here's how: https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-validate-fonts-with-font-book-2260821

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 01, 2020 0