• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects .jsxbin files in Scripts UI panel all show error Unable to execute script at line 5.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've just got a new Macbook Pro 2019 with Catalina installed and I'm moving all my cloud programs and plugins over from my old computer. 

For some reason I connot use any 3rd party .jsxbin files in after effects (V17.5). They all come up with an error "Unable to execute script at line 5. Null is not an object". Then the dockable window shows up but is empty.

I have the most recent version of the scrips downloaded, and 'allow scripts to write files and access network' selected in After Effects.

Ive tried downloading older versions of AE, I've treid redownloading the Scripts, Ive tried renaming the .jsxbin to .jsx. I cannot change my OS as its a new computer. 

Any help would be amazing, I currently can't use the new computer as I needs the 3rd party scripts to work.

Thank you.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Scripting , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the scripts all from the same 3rd party? Which ones have failed? Is it possible the scripts are dependent on other items, possibly inside a sidecar folder that didn't get transfered to the new computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try adding them back one by one to see which one fails. Don't rename jsxbin to jsx, that won't work. Try downloading the latest versions of them from aescripts or wherever you bought them from to make sure you're using ones compatible with the latest After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines