Highlighted

After Effects keeps crashing when I use the Key Light Effect

Participant ,
Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects keeps crashing when I use the Key Light effect along with key cleaner and spill suppresor, not sure why its doing this, can't get my work done. 

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After Effects keeps crashing when I use the Key Light Effect

Participant ,
Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects keeps crashing when I use the Key Light effect along with key cleaner and spill suppresor, not sure why its doing this, can't get my work done. 

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 12, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any technical details like system info and specifics about your project nobody can even guess. That said, Keylight has never been known for robustness and slapping on additional effects immediately may be problematic. Start by isolating the actual key in a pre-comp and apply the other effects in the parent comp.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 13, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi deanr78548626,

Sorry for the crash. As mentioned by Mylenium, we'd need more information to troubleshoot the issue properly.

1. What are your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS version)?
  2. The exact version of After Effects you're using.
  3. Is it happening in all the projects or a particular one?

You can try resetting the preferences of After Effects. Here's how: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-after-effects/td-...

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 14, 2020 0
Participant ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

System:

Ryzen 5 2600

NVIDIA GTX 1060

32 Gb DDR4

Windows 10

AE Version:

Haven't tried it on other projects, but I duplicated the project and the same thing kept happening. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 14, 2020 0