• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects keeps glitching back to a certain frame throughout

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2018 Nov 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, I'm currently trying to render this video edit I have made, but a frame from the edit keeps glitching in between clips throughout the edit. When I put I black solid underneath all my clips, the frame goes away and instead it has the same glitch but black. This glitch doesn't show up in After Effects itself, only after rendering and while its rendering I can see it rendering the glitch frame.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Shannon.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Double-check to make sure your video card drivers are up to date - that can be the culprit of a lot of weird little issues.

Are you rendering directly out of AE, or using Media Encoder? To what format?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i’m rendering directly out of ae with the standard settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Kyle_Hamrick,
Am using Media Encoder to export my AE video. Same glitches issue here. Please help...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this "glitchy" frame a video you brought into the timeline or an asset created in AE? If it's an asset from within AE eg a solid layer, shape layer etc are there any effects placed on this layer? Generally these kind of glitches occur when u bring in a video file or even a still image that was not properly encoded and AE finds difficult to render as it doesn't match frame rates or the codec you are outputting to. Could you kindly explain what the AE project is so that I can try to figure out a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the glitch is a clip that i’ve brought into ae. With this project I had one mp4 video of clips which I split and placed along to go with the beat of an audio. I have adjustment layers above/in between most of these clips and the adjustment layers have transform on them. The glitched frame comes from towards the start of the video but not the very first frame. The glitch seems to occur when there is a split between clips, they line up perfectly and should play with no gap, but the glitch occurs here.

Hopefully this is enough information

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2018 Nov 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the glitches are indeed happening right at your layer splits, it does make me wonder if something about the frame rate is at play, or if some of the effects you're using (is it only Transform?) might be interacting in an unexpected way.

If the clip in question isn't prohibitively large, I'd be happy to check out your project and see if I get the same behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the difference between frame rate specially with mp4 video can make glitch most of the time, to fix this simply transcode you mp4 video to so better codec like ProRez using media encoder than brought the video to AE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Try Couple of things

1. edit > purge > al memory & disk cache...

2. check frame rate of all your clips and composition make sure they match use full frame rate numbers if possible

3. if you have roto tool or something similar in a pre-comp and on that that layer your doing time stretch or time warp operation it tends to glitch avoid pre comping or render that scene seperatly

good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

modukwon's first suggestion cleared the issue for me. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1st & 2nd suggestions worked for me, thank you so much !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am very new to after effects, how do i check my video framerate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

none of these worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The imported clip is the culprit. Check frame rate and codec and make sure it matches your comps. If it doesn't plz make changes so that it does

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm litteraly using jpeg image sequences, the (interpretted) framerates all match, purged memory, restart, glitch won't go away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same exact problem here. Did you find a solution ?? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

not exactly a solution, but I was able to "solve" my case...
I had a few still image layers in my main comp showing voor the first seconds, then the last seconds were precomped, atop which the glitch happened.
I took the layers out of the precomp, pasted them directly to the main comp. 
the glitch didn't appear anymore.
Really hope this can help you in anyway!

tl;dr: try (partially) remaking the project ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I try to render a project file on half, some frames of the video get glitchy and look like the screen of a broke phone... do you have any tips to give me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines