• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects keeps on closing, out of nowhere and without any warning whatsoever

Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That´s pretty much it, all updates installed and app just closes, no pop up from windows or adobe, it just disappears. Working on a project it´s being a serious challenge, any click seems to be a potential trigger for this situation (drag and drop, adding effects, etc.). Has anyone encounter such a situation? is there something i´m not seeing?

I´ve been working with AE for almost 5 years and nothing like this had ever happen before.

Hope someone out there can help me out!

PD: i´m currently using a dell inspiron 15 7000, i7, 16gb ram, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this exact same issue recently, and I've been using after effects for roughly the same amount of time and have never encountered this before!

I also find that now when I have video footage on the timeline in anything other than 'Full' resolution, it plays with these weird green bars across the footage?

If anybody knows what the issue we're both facing is, that'd be really helpful!

My specs are: Dell XPS 15 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ Quad Core Processor, 8gb ram, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is likely a video driver issue.

Try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site.

See here, too:

Green streaks appear

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have the Green bars issue so i think these are different problems. Also i haven't updated ir modify any of the graphics software, gonna give it a try anyways just in case, you never know.

Thanks for your input!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 20, 2019 Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi isandroj and LordOfTheWarthogs,

Sorry to hear that you're running into this issue.

Have you noticed a pattern with these crashes? Like when you click a specific button or something?

Can you check if a crash log has been generated? FAQ: How to find After Effects crash logs on your computer?

If yes, please share the log(s) with us so that we can check what's going on exactly.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2019 Apr 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noticed this as well, on macOS. After 15-20 minutes, AE will just ask if I want to save and then it closes. There is no crash log.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any solution for this yet? I've got the same problem with After Effects and Premiere. "Save - Don't Save"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. After Effects just seems to close without warning after about 10-15 minutes of start-up. I went to check out the logs to see if it was there but there is no log to be seen. I was wondering if there was a fix to this? I already uninstalled and reinstalled completely and there has been no change. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am pretty sure the closing issue is related to the Creative Cloud Desktop App logout problems. I just found out that this application Glasswire interfered with Creative Cloud. So this is what I did:

1. I uninstalled Glasswire, but no difference
  2. Restore Windows Firewall to defaults
  3. Reset Windows 10 network settings.
  4. Restart computer

That did the trick for me. If you never used Glasswire, try to look for any other internet monitor/firewall applications and reset your network and firewall settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2023 Jan 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes recently i install killer performance driver , now i uninstalling ... i will tell you the result 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm facing the same problem as well. I noticed that whenever I'm adjusting the time at the timeline. Once I type in the time i want, it will reopen the program automatically. Fyi, I'm using Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have the issue anymore, it could be because of the scripts I had added

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines