Highlighted

After Effects (latest version) tracking v e r y s l o w l y

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Canon R5 8K RAW clip which I'm trying to track. When clicking Analyze: arrow, it seems that nothing is happening. When I check task manager, there is only 4-5% load on CPU (GPU's have 0% load).

Resource Monitor shows that only two cores are running with 100% load.

PC machine with specs that can be seen in the attached .jpg file.

Has anyone done this / have same problem?

Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

After Effects (latest version) tracking v e r y s l o w l y

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Canon R5 8K RAW clip which I'm trying to track. When clicking Analyze: arrow, it seems that nothing is happening. When I check task manager, there is only 4-5% load on CPU (GPU's have 0% load).

Resource Monitor shows that only two cores are running with 100% load.

PC machine with specs that can be seen in the attached .jpg file.

Has anyone done this / have same problem?

Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 13, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works as it always has. You simply have the wrong computer for AE work and you will suffer these slowdowns with many other functions as well. AE is barely multithreadced, does not have fancy parallel processing and also almost no GPU usage except for basic drawing functions and some effects. For more detailed answers and explanations refer to the gigazillion "How to optimize performce?" threads where I and others have explained things over and over again. Still, doesn't help you. It's still the wrong, not so ideal computer.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

8K footage is going to take a very long time to analyze. There is no real way around that. The best you can do if you want to use the original footage is to trim the footage so that only the frames that absolutely need to be camera tracked are included in the clip.

Another option is to drop your 8K footage into a comp that has been sized down to about 1920 pixels wide using the same frame ratio, scale the footage to fit horizontally, then pre-compose the scaled footage layer and Camera Track the smaller comp. When the track is done, you have set up the origin and ground plane, and you have attached reference solids to the surfaces you need to track, use the Demo Panel from the File/Scripts to open up the Scale Composition script and return the comp to the original size. You can then delete the pre-composed footage and replace the pre-comp with the original footage.  

One more thing. Please use the toolbar to embed your screenshots. Uploading them makes them a real pain to look at.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2020 0