• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects launches, crashes when video within project is selected

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I have had an issue with AE crashing. It may be an issue with my graphics cards. Dunno.

I am able to launch an existing project in AE, have successfully opened many different existing projects, once open, I attempt to select a video in the timeline, once highlighted, the program stalls, all of my monitors turn off, then on again (graphics card crash?), AE still stalled, I force quit. 

My graphics card drivers are up to date, 2 Radeon RX 560 (6 monitors total), I use Windows 10 Home, Creative Cloud subscriber with all apps up to date... Help!?!

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Without any actual crash logs, details about the projects and so on nobody realyl can tell you much. Sure, it's easy enough to assume that this is hardware-related, but a specific cause will elude any attempts of even guessing without a hint of soem "real" information. That said, six monitors is an insane setup and may be taxing even on the most powerful graphics hardware, so at the very least test around with unplugging some monitors down to a "conventional" dual screen setup just to test.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines